Low Output Moving Coil Phono Cartridge
Drawing on Dynavector's 'dispersion theory' that produced the original world first KARAT series Dynavector are indeed proud to announce the entirely new 17DX KARAT Diamond phono cartridge. As in the past KARAT series, the frequency response of the new KARAT 17DX at 20 to 20,000 Hz is ruler flat providing an extremely accurate groove tracking ability. However, several new features will ensure that the new 17DX will shortly gain the same legendary status and soon surpass its predecessors.
The rationale for the new KARAT 17DX was to significantly improve upon the now legendary original KARAT series. After exhaustive listening and technical research, the decision was made to incorporate a body machined from solid brass, Samarium-cobalt magnets for lower magnetic resistance, unmatched coil winding techniques, the incredible 1.7mm long cantilever with Micro Ridge stylus all combining in a brand-new KARAT 17DX that will delight the listener, providing clear and articulate reproduction of analog recordings without a hint of harshness in the high frequency range.
- Type Low output moving coil cartridge with flux damper and softened magnetism
- Output Voltage 0.3mV (at 1KHz, 5cm/sec.)
- Channel Separation 25 dB (at 1KHz)
- Channel balance 1.0 dB (at 1KHz)
- Frequency response 20 - 20,000Hz (± 1dB)
- Compliance 15 mm/N
- Tracking force 1.8 - 2.0 g
- Impedance 32 ohms
- Recommended load impedance > 100 ohms
- Cantilever 1.7mm length solid diamond
- Stylus tip Micro-Ridge
- Weight 11.0 g