Moving Magnet Catridge
The 2M series of cartridges feature Ortofon's trademark split pole pins, an invention that enables moving magnet cartridges to have a flat frequency response, as with a moving coil cartridge.
The design has been optimized for ease of mounting the cartridge, weight and size to fit the most common turntables at the market today. 2M Series provides excellent compatibility in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
- An improved engine, which provides an increased output of 5.5mV.
- Nude Elliptical diamond and split pole pins with a copper wire.
- Available in standard Mount, or Verso for bottom mount headshells.
"Ortofon's 2M Blue catapults moving magnet performance into the modern era. It delivers the high resolution audiophiles expect from cartridges at any price, and does so with remarkable affordability. Like any revealing component, it requires special attention to setup and system matching, but it rewards those efforts in spades. If you're in the market for insightful state-of-the-art performance and moving magnet flexibility on a budget, I can't imagine a more attractive package... Highly recommended." - Positive Feedback (Issue 39). Read the full review here.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. 5,5 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz: 1,5 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz: 25 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz: 15 dB Frequency range at - 3dB: 20-25.000 Hz
- Frequency response: 20-20.000 Hz + 2 / - 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force: 80 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 20 µm/mN
- Stylus type: Nude Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius: r/R 8/18 µm
- Tracking force range: 1,6-2,0g (16-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended: 1,8 g (18 mN)
- Tracking angle: 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance: 1,3 kOhm
- Internal inductance: 700 mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance: 150-300 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus: Black/Blue
- Cartridge weight: 7.2 g