Moving Magnet Catridge
The 2M Bronze features a nude Fine Line diamond stylus, which is particularly suited for demanding applications. The slim profile of the Fine Line stylus will track even the highest frequency information, making it a must for discerning listeners. Additionally, its larger footprint ensures reduced distortion and record wear.
The cartridge body used for the 2M Bronze is manufactured from a newly-developed Lexan DMX Piano Black, a revolutionary material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
The design has been optimized for ease of mounting the cartridge, weight and size to fit the most common turntables at the market today. 2M Series provides excellent compatibility in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
"The 2M Bronze delivers a lively and vivacious...with zest and energy. Next to CD there is little to choose in terms of tonal balance, but the Ortofon wins on the timing and vigour front." - Techradar.com (May 2008). Read the full review here.
- The 2M Bronze uses a special upgraded engine, featuring split pole pins with a silver plated copper wire.
- Nude fine line stylus.
- Available in standard Mount, or Verso for bottom mount headshells.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. 5 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz: 1 dB Channel separation at 1 kHz: 26 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz: 15 dB
- Frequency range at - 3dB: 20-29.000 Hz
- Frequency response: 20-20.000 + 2 / - 0 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force: 80 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 22 µm/mN
- Stylus type: Nude Fine Line
- Stylus tip radius: r/R 8/40 µm
- Tracking force range: 1,4-1,7g (14-17 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended: 1,5 g (15 mN)
- Tracking angle: 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance: 1,2 kOhm
- Internal inductance: 630 mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance: 150-300 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus: Black/Bronze
- Cartridge weight: 7.2 g