Electrostatic Earspeaker System
SRS-5100 (SR-L500 + SRM-353X)
The first SR-Lambda series was introduced 36 years ago and it has further developed into a new-generation SR-Lambda with its newly designed enclosure - the new SR-L500 advanced Lambda series Earspeaker.
TOP QUALITY SOUND ELEMENT
Hand selected thin-film diaphragm as well as tough stainless fixed electrodes has been employed for the SR-L500. Thus, rich deep bass response, delicate high frequency and soothing mid-range has been achieved in a balanced manner.
10-CLICK TYPE HEADBAND ASSEMBLY
The headband (ARC) assembly of the SR-L500 is equipped with 10-click slider mechanism for head pad height adjustment adopted from SR-009 and SR-507. Once adjusted, the slider always maintains its optimal position to make readjustment unnecessary. This enables you to enjoy hours of pleasant music listening with utmost comfort.
NEW LOW CAPACITANCE HiFC WIDE CABLE
High performance pure copper HiFC™ developed by Hitachi employs the core wires. HiFC has various advantages, including similar sonic characteristics as used in SR-009 and SR-L500 6N high purity 99.99999% copper wires. The entire cable are then arranged in a flat, wide format configuration to lower the capacitance between each wires and finished with the most suitable structure to drive the earspeaker.
NEW HIGH QUALITY SYNTHETIC LEATHER EARPADS:
New earpad design is carefully hand crafted with high quality synthetic leather for utmost comfort for hours of music enjoyment as well as sound performance.
The SRM-353X is the exclusive driver unit (amplifier) produced to drive STAX electrostatic Earspeaker headphones.
Carefully hand selected high quality parts of audio grade further improves tonal quality, and achieved wider frequency response from re-examination of circuitry. Newly added XLR input terminal enables connection of balanced outputs of audio equipment taking full advantage of its superior performance.
-Original low noise dual FET at first stage as well as all stage direct coupling Class A DC amplifier configuration with no coupling capacitor has realized natural tone quality with large amount of information.
-Further improved emitter follower at output stage has enabled wide range reproduction resulting in both the extended dynamic range at high frequency and improved over all tonal quality.
-In addition to RCA input terminal, XLR balanced input terminal has been added to provide connection to wide range of audio equipment.
-Custom made 2 axis 4 gang volume control
-Extravagant non-magnetic aluminum alloy chassis
-Components with little aging characteristics are hand selected for tonal quality and performance.
- Type: Push-Pull electrostatic oval sound element, Open-Air type enclosure
- Frequency response: 7 – 41,000Hz
- Electrostatic capacitance: 110pF (including attached code)
- Impedance: 145kΩ (including attached cable, at 10kHz)
- Sound pressure sensitivity: 101dB / input 100Vr.m.s. / 1kHz
- Maximum sound pressure level: 118dB / 400Hz
- Bias voltage: 580V DC
- Ear pad: high-quality artificial leather
- Cable: parallel 6-strand, 2.5m full length, low-capacity special wide HiFC cable
- Weight : 465g (including attached cable), 339g (without cable)
SRM-353X (Driver Unit) SPECIFICATIONS:
- Frequency response: DC - 90kHz (when used with one SR-L series Earspeaker)
- Rated input level: 100mV (at 100V output)
- Gain: 60dB
- Harmonic distortion: 0.01% or less (with one SR-L500 at 100Vr.m.s. / 1kHz output)
- Input impedance: 50kΩ(RCA) / 50kΩx 2 (XLR)
- Input terminal: RCA x 1 or XLR x 1 (alternative)
- Maximum output voltage: 400Vr.m.s. / 1kHz
- Standard bias voltage: DC580V
- Mains voltage: Different depending on the area.
- Power consumption: 30W
- Operating temperature / humidity: 0 to 35 degrees C / less than 90% (non condensing)
- Dimension: 150 (W) x100 (H) x360 (D) mm (protruding portion included)
- Weight: 3.0kg
- Others: input-bypassing parallel output (RCA)