Power Amplifier (Class-A, 2x30w).
The new Accuphase A-36 inherits many of the outstanding design technology features developed for the higher-end models. It redefines the baseline for pure class A power amplifiers and represents the same unwavering attention to detail and dedication to sound quality for which Accuphase is justly famous.
In the output stage, power MOS-FETs renowned for their excellent frequency response, sonic performance, and superior reliability are used in a triple parallel configuration and driven in pure class A. This is sustained by the strong power supply featuring a massive transformer and two large 47,000μF filtering capacitors. Output power in each channel is rated for an impressive 150 watts into 1 ohm, 120 watts into 2 ohms, 60 watts into 4 ohms, and 30 watts into 8 ohms. Even speakers with ultralow impedance or drastic fluctuations in impedance curve can be driven reliably by this impressive amplifier.
In the output circuitry, MOS-FET switches are used in place of relays, to eliminate mechanical contacts and improve long-term reliability.
Click here for PDF brochure.
- Pure Class A operation delivers quality power: 30 watts x 2 into 8 ohms
- Power MOSFET output stage features 3-parallel push-pull configuration
- Instrumentation amplifier principle used in input stage
- Amplification stage implements further evolved MCS+ topology
- Current feedback principle combines stable operation with outstanding sound quality
- Bridged connection mode allows upgrading to monophonic amplifier
- Strong power supply with massive high-efficiency transformer and large filtering capacitors
- 4-stage gain control
- Continuous Average Output Power (20–20,000 Hz): Stereo operation (both channels driven) - 150 watts per channel into 1 ohm, 120 watts per channel into 2 ohms, 60 watts per channel into 4 ohms, 30 watts per channel into 8 ohms. Monophonic operation (bridged connection) - 300 watts into 2 ohms, 240 watts into 4 ohms, 120 watts into 8 ohms.
- Total Harmonic Distortion: Stereo operation (both channels driven) - 0.05% with 2 ohm load, 0.03% with 4 to 16 ohm load. Monophonic operation (bridged connection) - 0.05% with 4 to 16 ohm load
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.01%
- Frequency Response: At rated output: 20 – 20,000 Hz +0, -0.2 dB. At 1 watt output: 0.5 – 160,000 Hz +0, -3.0 dB
- Gain: 28.0 dB (with GAIN selector at MAX) (Stereo and monophonic operation)
- Gain Selection: MAX, -3 dB, -6 dB, -12 dB
- Output Load impedance: Stereo operation - 2 to 16 ohms. Monophonic operation: 4 to 16 ohms
- Damping Factor: 400
- Input Sensitivity (with 8-ohm load, GAIN selector in MAX position): Stereo operation - 0.62 V for rated continuous average output (30 W). 0.11 V for 1 watt output. Monophonic operation - 1.23 V for rated continuous average output (120 W). 0.11 V for 1 watt output
- Input Impedance: Balanced - 40 kilohms. Line - 20 kilohms
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (A-weighted, input shorted): 112 dB (GAIN selector at MAX), 120 dB (GAIN selector at -12 dB) At rated continuous average output
- Output Level Meters: -40 dB to +3 dB (indication in dB and %) Logarithmic scale. Operation selector: OFF / NORMAL / HOLD (∞). Meter sensitivity selector (-20 dB). ＊Monophonic operation: same value displayed for left/right.
- Power Requirements: AC 120 V/230 V, 50/60 Hz (Voltage as indicated on rear panel)
- Power Consumption: 155 watts idle. 270 watts in accordance with IEC 60065
- Maximum Dimensions: Width 465 mm, Height 171 mm, Depth 425 mm
- Mass: 22.8 kg net, 29.0 kg in shipping carton