Power Amplifier (Class-A, 2x700w/1 ohm).
The Accuphase P-6100 is a stereo version of class AB monophonic power amplifier M-6000, inheriting its outstanding design technology. It features instrumentation amplifier topology and a further refined MCS+ circuit, as well as the current feedback principle to minimise noise.
In the output stage, high-power MOS-FET devices renowned for their great sound and utter reliability are used. MOS-FETs have excellent frequency response and high input impedance which reduces the load on the preceding driver stage. They also have perfect thermal stability. In each channel of the P-6100, 16 of these devices are arranged in an8-parallel push-pull configuration.
The massive heat sinks on both sides of the chassis achieve efficient dissipation of thermal energy and ensure stable operation. This allows the amplifier to deliver an amazing 700 watts of power per channel into an ultra-low impedance load of 1 ohm (music signals). The linear power progression with a rating of 440 watts into 2 ohms,220 watts into 4 ohms, and 110 watts into 8 ohms means that the amplifier can competently handle even speakers with very low impedance or with difficult impedance curves.
Click here for PDF brochure.
- Output stage with 8-parallel push-pull power MOS-FETs delivers high power: 700 watts x 2 into 1 ohm with music signals
- Input stage featuring instrumentation amplifier topology
- Further refined MCS+ circuit
- Current feedback principle combines excellent sound quality with total operation stability
- Bridged connection mode allows upgrading to monophonic amplifier
- Power supply with highly efficient toroidal transformer and large filtering capacitors
- Continuous Average Output Power (20–20,000 Hz): Stereo operation (both channels driven) - 700 watts per channel into 1 ohm, 440 watts per channel into 2 ohms, 220 watts per channel into 4 ohms, 110 watts per channel into 8 ohms. Monophonic operation (bridged connection) - 1400 watts into 2 ohms, 880 watts into 4 ohms, 440 watts into 8 ohms.
- Total Harmonic Distortion: Stereo operation (both channels driven) - 0.05% with 2 ohm load, 0.03% with 4 to 16 ohm load. Monophonic operation (bridged connection) - 0.03% with 4 to 16 ohm load
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.01%
- Frequency Response: At rated output: 20 – 20,000 Hz +0, -0.2 dB. At 1 watt output: 0.5 – 160,000 Hz +0, -3.0 dB
- Gain: 28.0 dB (with GAIN selector at MAX) (Stereo and monophonic operation)
- Gain Selection: MAX, -3 dB, -6 dB, -12 dB
- Output Load impedance: Stereo operation - 2 to 16 ohms. Monophonic operation: 4 to 16 ohms
- Damping Factor: 500
- Input Sensitivity (with 8-ohm load, GAIN selector in MAX position): Stereo operation - 1.18 V for rated continuous average output. 0.11 V for 1 watt output. Monophonic operation - 2.36 V for rated continuous average output. 0.11 V for 1 watt output
- Input Impedance: Balanced - 40 kilohms. Line - 20 kilohms
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (A-weighted, input shorted): 120 dB (GAIN selector at MAX), 125 dB (GAIN selector at -12 dB) At rated continuous average output
- Output Level Meters: Logarithmic compression type; illumination turn-off capability; -60 dB to +3 dB (indication in both dB and %); switchable peak hold time: 3 sec, ∞
- Power Requirements: AC 120 V/230 V, 50/60 Hz (Voltage as indicated on rear panel)
- Power Consumption: 170 watts idle. 670 watts in accordance with IEC 60065
- Maximum Dimensions: Width 465 mm, Height 221 mm, Depth 499 mm
- Mass: 42.7 kg net, 51.0 kg in shipping carton