Delivering the best possible sound into your life is Monitor Audio’s main aim. Whether from movies or your favourite music, with the Silver Series of technologically advanced loudspeakers you can be sure of a quality so lifelike that it takes you to the heart of the performance.
With a pedigree in British hi-fi design, Monitor Audio speakers are crafted for perfection in sound, aesthetics and build quality. Each of the nine Silver Series models has been meticulously created by engineers and craftsmen who are as passionate about music as you are. The result of over forty years of expertise in speaker development, this affordable family of sleek audio masterpieces takes performance to a new level of fidelity. Hi-fi and home theatre systems have never sounded this good.
Technology from Monitor Audio’s flagship Platinum II range has been incorporated to reduce distortion, providing the purest mid-range performance. The master of metal cone technology, Monitor Audio has invested in all-new drivers developed for this range. Whichever Silver Series models you find ideal for your environment, you will begin to rediscover your music and film collection as you’ve never heard it before.
You can be assured of a big sound with impressive scale and dynamics from Monitor Audio’s smallest ever Silver stand-mount, thanks to the revolutionary 51/4” C-CAM RST bass/mid driver. Intuitive engineering and advanced technologies such as the extra-powerful magnets that drive large (32 mm) voice coils ensure impressive power handling and a tight, punchy bass. Magnetic saturation has also been eliminated to provide lower distortion and a much cleaner overall sound.
The little Silver 50 works fine close to the wall despite being rear-ported. The well-braced cabinet has unique bolt-through technology to create an amazingly solid speaker.
• 25 mm C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) tweeter, featuring vented Neo magnet system, optimised for lower distortion and cleaner sounding treble
• 5 ¼" bass/mid driver with concave ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile for optimal damping and improved mid-range clarity
• RST Cone profile for improved diaphragm rigidity and lower distortion
• Cast polymer driver chassis design for improved rigidity and damping characteristics
• Pure-flow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling means the highest-quality transfer throughout the signal chain
• High-quality crossovers with premium-grade, bespoke polypropylene film capacitors, air-core and low-loss laminated steel-core inductors for maximum signal transfer
• Rigid 20 mm MDF construction utilising scientifically-optimised cabinet bracing
• Single bolt-through driver systems for increased cabinet rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
• Ultra-low-profile grilles featuring invisible magnetic grille fixings ensure clean visual styling when fitted
• Bespoke, high-quality bi-wire terminals
• HiVe®II port technology
• Premium handcrafted cabinets featuring quality real wood veneer finishes in Black Oak, Walnut, and Satin White.
Frequency Response: - 6dB: 52Hz - 35kHz
Sensitivity (1W@1m): 87 dB
Maximum SPL: 110 dBA (Pair)
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
Power Handling (RMS): 100 W
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS): 40 - 100 W
Cabinet Design: Bass reflex. HiVe®II port technology
Crossover Frequency: 3.0kHz
Drive Unit Complement: 1 x 5 ¼ " C-CAM RST bass/mid driver, 1 x 1" (25 mm) C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
External Dimensions: 270 x 165 x 269 (H x W x D mm)
Weight (Individual): 6 Kg