Precision Stereo Control Center
The Precision Stereo Control Center C-2420 reflects the refined sonic sensibility of Accuphase while incorporating advanced technology features developed for the C-3800 and C-2820.
Ever since being first introduced in the C-2800 preamplifier in 2002, AAVA technology has been continually refined and improved, while of course retaining the underlying principle.
The C-2420 features separate power supplies for left and right channel, each with a dedicated power transformer, filtering capacitors and peripheral circuitry. Modular units for the line input, balanced input, AAVA, and other circuit stages are arranged separately for left and right channels, to eliminate any risk of unwanted electrical or mechanical interaction between the two stereo channels.
A range of sophisticated option boards opens up even more possibilities. The newly developed Digital Input Board DAC-40 features a USB port and support for high-bit, high-sampling frequency signals up to 192 kHz/24 bits.
The newly developed Analog Disc Input Unit AD-2820 is also available, ideal for high-grade reproduction of analog records using either MC or MM phono cartridges.
Click here for PDF brochure.
- AAVA volume control for high performance and outstanding sound
- Separate power transformers for left and right channels
- Selectable preamp gain
- Fully modular construction with individual left/right amplifier units on motherboard
- Logic-controlled relays for shortest signal paths
- Independent phase selection for each input position
- Optional phono equaliser unit allows playback of analog records
- Side panels with elegant natural wood finish
- Frequency Response: BALANCED/LINE INPUT, 3 - 200,000Hz +0 -3.0 dB, 20 - 20,000Hz +0 -0.2 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (for all inputs): 0.005%
- Input Sensitivity: BALANCED 252mV, 0.5V Output 63mV. LINE 252mV, 05.V Output 63mV
- Input Impedance: BALANCED 40 kilohms. LINE 20 kilohms
- Rated Output Voltage, Output Impedance: BALANCED/LINE OUTPUT 2 V 50 ohms, RECORDER REC (with AD input) 252 mV 200 ohms
- S/N Ratio, Input-converted Noise (gain selector: 18 dB): BALANCED 109 dB, S/N ratio (EIA) 107 dB. LINE 109 dB, S/N ratio (EIA) 107 dB
- Maximum Output Level (0.005% THD, 20 - 20,000 Hz): BALANCED/LINE OUTPUT: 7.0 V, RECORDER REC (with AD input): 6.0 V LINE
- Maximum Input Level: BALANCED/LINE INPUT: 6.0 V
- Minimum Load Impedance: BALANCED/LINE OUTPUT: 600 ohms, RECORDER REC: 10 kilohms
- Gain (gain selector: 18 dB)＊Gain switchable to 12/18/24 dB: BALANCED INPUT → BALANCED OUTPUT: 18 dB, BALANCED INPUT → LINE OUTPUT: 18 dB, LINE INPUT → BALANCED OUTPUT: 18 dB, LINE INPUT → LINE OUTPUT: 18 dB
- Tone Controls: Turnover frequency and adjustment range. BASS: 300 Hz ±10 dB (50 Hz), TREBLE: 3 kHz ±10 dB (20 kHz)
- Loudness Compensation: +6 dB (100 Hz)
- Attenuator: -20 dB
- Headphone Jack: Suitable impedance: 8 ohms or higher, Output level: 2 V (40 ohms)
- Power Requirements: 120 V/220 V/230 V AC, 50/60 Hz (Voltage as indicated on rear panel)
- Power Consumption: 34 W
- Maximum Dimensions: Width 465 mm, Height 150 mm, Depth 409 mm
- Mass: 19.2 kg, 25.0 kg in shipping carton