Power Amplifier (2x500w/1 ohm).
The Stereo Power Amplifier Accuphase P-4200 incorporates the outstanding design technology of the A-200. Based on the P-4100, it represents a full model change with further enhanced overall circuitry. The power amplifier section features another Accuphase specialty, namely the MCS+ topology in combination with current feedback, ensuring outstanding S/N ratio and superior electrical performance characteristics.
The output stage for each channel uses three pairs of high-power transistors with a Pc rating of 220 watts, arranged in a parallel push-pull configuration. This ensures low output impedance. As demonstrated by the power rating of 500 watts per channel into 1 ohm (music signals only), the P-4200 can easily drive speakers with very low impedance, and speakers with uneven impedance curves are also handled with aplomb.
Output relays have been replaced by MOS-FET switches that combine excellent reliability with highly pure amplification. Redesigned output coils and other features result in lower energy losses and allow a drastic improvement of the damping factor to 500.
Click here for PDF brochure.
- Output stage with triple parallel push-pull configuration for each channel delivers high power down to very low impedance loads
- Instrumentation amplifier principle used in input stage
- MCS+ circuit and current feedback topology in amplification stage
- Bridged connection mode allows upgrading to monophonic amplifier
- Strong power supply with massive high-efficiency toroidal transformer and large filtering capacitors
- 4-stage gain control
- Continuous Average Output Power (20–20,000 Hz): Stereo operation (both channels driven) - 500 watts per channel into 1 ohm, 360 watts per channel into 2 ohms, 180 watts per channel into 4 ohms, 90 watts per channel into 8 ohms. Monophonic operation (bridged connection) - 1000 watts into 2 ohms, 720 watts into 4 ohms, 360 watts into 8 ohms.
- Total Harmonic Distortion: Stereo operation (both channels driven) - 0.05% with 2 ohm load, 0.02% with 4 to 16 ohm load. Monophonic operation (bridged connection) - 0.05% with 4 to 16 ohm load
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.01%
- Frequency Response: At rated output: 20 – 20,000 Hz +0, -0.2 dB. At 1 watt output: 0.5 – 160,000 Hz +0, -3.0 dB
- Gain: 28.0 dB (with GAIN selector at MAX) (Stereo and monophonic operation)
- Gain Selection: MAX, -3 dB, -6 dB, -12 dB
- Output Load impedance: Stereo operation - 2 to 16 ohms. Monophonic operation: 4 to 16 ohms
- Damping Factor: 500
- Input Sensitivity (with 8-ohm load, GAIN selector in MAX position): Stereo operation - 1.07 V for rated continuous average output. 0.11 V for 1 watt output. Monophonic operation - 2.14 V for rated continuous average output. 0.11 V for 1 watt output
- Input Impedance: Balanced - 40 kilohms. Line - 20 kilohms
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (A-weighted, input shorted): 120 dB (GAIN selector at MAX), 125 dB (GAIN selector at -12 dB) At rated continuous average output
- Output Level Meters: －∞ dB to +3 dB (indication in dB and %) Logarithmic scale, with defeat switch, hold time switchable 3 s / ∞
- Power Requirements: AC 120 V/230 V, 50/60 Hz (Voltage as indicated on rear panel)
- Power Consumption: 76 watts idle. 560 watts in accordance with IEC 60065
- Maximum Dimensions: Width 465 mm, Height 190 mm, Depth 427 mm
- Mass: 28.9 kg net, 35.0 kg in shipping carton