Whether you have a dedicated audio network at home, or choose to store your music on a storage platform on your computer network, the Tiki is right at home playing your stored digital music and giving you hours of enjoyment with it.
The Tiki is a dedicated network audio player. DLNA compatibility ensures that you can connect the Tiki into your existing Ethernet network and be confident that it will communicate with your other DLNA compatible components.
Ethernet communication is used both for transmission of the music files and to control signal communication because of its clear advantages over other communication protocols such as USB and S/PDIF.
With distinctive styling, benchmark build quality and stunning sound the Tiki is a great addition to the other traditional components in your music system.
The different file types and codecs that can be handled are either the best quality or the most popular, so while the types of files supported is inevitably limited to some extent there are few types in common use not handled by the system. Popular files types such as FLAC, LPCM, AIFF, ALAC and MP3 are all catered for. Gapless Playback is also supported.
- The RJ45 connector allows network connection for playback of digital music over a home network. Network input was chosen as the most suitable way to transfer digital audio due to ease of setup, ability for wireless communication and advantages over S/PDIF and USB.
Burr Brown DAC
- The DAC and interface receiver are high performance Burr Brown components with a proven record of quality digital sound reproduction.
- The chosen DAC allows playback of popular file types up to 24bit/192ks/s.
Multiple File Capability
- Playback is supported for FLAC, MP3, AIFF and LPCM
- By working within these guidelines the unit is capable of interfacing to a number of different home network devices.
WBT and Neutrik Connectors
- High quality WBT RCA and Neutrik XLR output connectors ensure a high performance, low distortion interface between your cables and the player.
- Audience AV supply the Auricap XO capacitors used in key areas of the circuit. The Auricap was chosen for its superior clarity and dynamic ability.
- Mechanical damping is applied to the chassis to arrest vibration that can lead to microphonic interference and impact on the audio signals.
- The aluminium lid and panels provide a non-magnetic cover to reduce unwanted magnetic fields that can interfere with the sensitive audio signals.
SUPPORTED AUDIO FILE SERVER
- DLNA Digital Media Servers
SUPPORTED PLAYBACK CONTROL
- DLNA Digital Media Controllers
- DLNA Mobile Digital Media Controllers
- UPnP smartphone applications
- iPad/iPod applications
- 24 bit, 192ks/s
- (An upgrade is available for serial numbers below 7089)
AUDIO CODEC SUPPORT
- FLAC (up to 24/192), LPCM (up to 24/192), ALAC (up to 24/192), AIFF, MP3, WAV
- 10/100 Ethernet
- 1 x RCA stereo pair
- 1 x XLR stereo pair
- 20Hz to 20kHz +/- 0.2dB
- <0.01% THD at Rated Input Level
HUM & NOISE
- -100dB at Rated Input Level, A Weighted
- 1 x RJ45 connector
MAXIUM OUTPUT LEVEL
- 2V RMS Into 10k or higher
OUTPUT SOURCE IMPEDENCE
- Typically 100R
- 30W 0.09A (22W) Idle
- Height: 80mm (3.5")
- Width: 450mm (17.75")
- Depth: 400mm (15.75")
- Weight: 5.5kg (12lbs)