With the creation and introduction of the Avenger and Avenger reference we found there was a large gap between the products in price range. To accommodate those looking for a step up from the Avenger but not ready to take go all in for the Avenger Reference, the Avenger Plus is exactly what it describes. An Avenger “plus” some solid upgrades that make it a step up from the standard Avenger. Using the technically from our behemoth Titan turntable, we have added the Harry Weisfeld Signature Rim Drive motor assembly. With improved engineering to make it easier to use than ever with an adjustable knob to move the rim drive mechanism which is driven by the included Analog Drive System. Additionally the tonearm is getting a step up with the JMW 12-3DR with Nordost Reference wire as well as a periphery ring clamp.
The VPI Avenger chassis is three layers of bonded acrylic/aluminum/acrylic, with damping material between layers, locked in by 3 isolation steel corner posts, 3 bolts, and the massive bearing assembly. The corner posts which hold the tonearms (up to three will fit) have adjustable machined knobs giving the user the ability to easily raise and lower the height to level the table. Fully adjustable armboards are made from 5/5” 6061 aluminum for rigidity and grounding. The table can mount up to three arms, any manufacture's brand, and any length!
*Note: Available at Soundline Christchurch only. Does not include cartridge as pictured.
- The Avenger chassis is three layers of bonded acrylic/aluminum/acrylic with damping material between layers.
- 3 stainless steel corner posts for both isolation and tonearm mounting and for mechanical grounding (up to 3 will fit).
- Analog Drive System (ADS) for the utmost accuracy in motor speed and fine speed adjustments.
- Periphery Ring clamp for the ultimate in record warp reduction
- The 300 RPM, 24 pole, AC synchronous motor in machined aluminum Rim Drive Motor assembly.
- The Inverted bearing features a hardened stainless steel shaft, 60 Rockwell chrome hardened ball, spinning in a phosphor bronze bushing, and sits on a PEEK thrust disc. The belt side load is placed at the center of the spinning bearing for zero teeter-totter effects
- The 22 pound 6061 aluminum platter has an accuracy of +/- .001” in a 39” circumference
- The motor pulley has an accuracy of +/- .0005” when leaving factory
- JMW 12-3DR with Nordost Reference wire
- Wow and flutter: <.1%
- Speed Accuracy: <.03%
- Rumble: >75db down
- Overall Dimensions 27" x 23" x 13"
- Footprint is 23" x 20"
- 100 lbs packing weight