Re-introducing the audio world to the best-selling VPI table of all time! Better than the old one, better than it should be at this price! The Scout was one of the world's best-reviewed turntable! The evolution to the Prime Scout drives to push the envelope a little further with a cleaner sense of build and branding. The Prime Scout is simple to set-up, you can have the table up and running in just minutes!
*Note: Available at Soundline Christchurch only. Does not include cartridge as pictured.
• 9" Machined Aluminium Uni-Pivot Tonearm
• Machined Aluminium Platter
• 300 RPM Outboard Motor
• Improved Isolation Feet
• Screw Down Delrin Clamp
• 1.25" thick premium textured vinyl covered MDF bonded to a 12 gauge steel plate.
• Machined 1 3/8" thick 6061 aluminium platter.
• Platter rotates on an oil bath bearing and fitted to shaft with a #2 Jacob’s Taper for a concentric rigidly mounted coupling.
• The bearing has a PEEK thrust disc and machined graphite impregnated brass bushings using a Thompson Engineering 60 Rockwell case hardened shaft.
• 300 RPM AC synchronous motor is contained in a separate steel housing and drives the platter with smooth, quiet operation.
• Prime Platter - Improves low end bass as well as the noise floor.
• JMW-9-3D Tonearm - More performance out of your cartridge with greater dynamics and sound staging.
• Analog Drive System (ADS) - Improves accuracy and speed adjustment.
• Signature Centerweight - Great for use with slightly warped records and improve the focus.
Chassis Composition: Vinyl Wrapped MDF and Steel
Platter Type & Size: 11.5" Aluminium, 10.5 Ibs
Tonearm Included: JMW-9 Tonearm
Motor RPM: 300 RPM
Wow and flutter: 0.08% WRMS
Speed Accuracy: 0.08%
Rumble: >78db down
Overall Dimensions: 482mm L x 381mm W x 216mm H
Footprint: 470mm L x 368mm W