The all-new Arcam AVR40 is for those few who want simply the best!
Being a pre-amp processor only, it allows the user to connect to whatever type and brand of power amplifier they like, giving the system more flexibility and impact!
With 16 Single-ended (RCA) outputs and 16 Balanced (XLR) outputs, compatibility is guaranteed. And with three assignable Dirac Filter slots, you can configure the setup to work in multiple different ways e.g. having 1 filter for full surround sound and 1 for Stereo left and right, or different filters for different speakers or amplifiers. The options are endless.
The design of the HDA range draws upon all of Arcam’s experience as one of the UK’s most respected audio companies, to produce Arcam’s best performing range of audio products yet – using the best quality components and engineering practices, the HDA range is designed and built to give you years of listening enjoyment.
The AV40 is a high-performance audio/visual processor that delivers stunning realism for the ultimate home cinema experience. With an impressive 16-channels of surround sound processing and featuring all the latest CODECs from Dolby, DTS and IMAX Enhanced, the AV40 exemplifies sound quality and engineering excellence.
The AV40 boasts XLR balanced outputs for every channel to deliver the highest quality analogue connection to power amplifiers.
Audiophile listening experiences are optimised with full 16-channel Dirac calibration on board as well as simple streaming with a mobile device using the native app of choice via Apple AirPlay2 or Google Chromecast.
• Dolby Atmos & DTS:X 9.1.6 decoding
• 4K (UHD) HDMI2.0b with HDCP2.2
• 7 HDMI inputs, 3 HDMI outputs, eARC compatible
• Dirac Live® for Arcam room correction
• ESS 9026PRO audiophile DAC
• 16 channel pro-grade XLR outputs
• 16 channel single-ended RCA outputs
• Pairs with PA240, PA720, and PA410 power amplifiers
• Wifi / Ethernet, RS232 and IR control
• Google Cast/UPnP capability for streaming audio
• Free MusicLife iOS UPnP and control app
Stereo Line Inputs
• Maximum input 4.5V rms
• Nominal sensitivity 1V, 2V, 4V (user adjustable)
• Input impedance 47kΩ
• Signal/noise ratio (A-wtd ref 100W) normal/stereo direct 100dB/110dB
• Frequency response 20Hz—20kHz ± 0.2dB
• Nominal output level 1V RMS (max. 5V RMS)
• Output impedance 560Ω THD+N (20Hz—20kHz) –100dB
• Maximum output level into 32Ω 5Vrms
• Output impedance <100Ω
• Mains voltage 110–120V or 220–240V, 50–60Hz
• Power consumption (maximum) 50W (Thermal dissipation approx. 170 BTU/hour)
• Power consumption (idle, typical) 40W (Thermal dissipation approx. 170 BTU/hour)
• Power consumption (standby) <0.5W
• Dimensions W x D (including speaker terminals) x H (including feet) 433 x 425 x 171mm
• Weight (net) 10.6kg
• Weight (packed) 13.9kg