Signature Reference MQA Compact Disc Player.
Meridian has an indelible role in the history of the CD player, with a proud track record of state-of-the-art, award-winning players. The 808v6 Signature Reference CD Player is the fruit of that legacy, and it continues to push the boundaries of both design and sound performance. Extremely advanced high-end audio technologies have been implemented to drastically reduce digital errors as well as offering an unparalleled array of set-up options and connections.
The 808v6 forms the heart of Meridian’s ultimate music system. With improved digital signal processing (DSP) including an enhanced DSP chip that offers lip-sync control and MQA and DSD playback (DoP), the latest linear power supply and a brand new master clock, the 808v6 delivers a world-beating performance.
MERIDIAN AUDIO INNOVATION
The 808v6 forms the heart of Meridian’s ultimate music system. With improved digital signal processing (DSP) including an enhanced DSP chip that offers lip-sync control and DSD playback (DoP), the latest linear power supply and a brand new master clock, the 808v6 delivers a world-beating performance. Offered in Piano Lacquer Black standard – The 808v6 Signature Reference CD Player is a state-of-the-art purveyor of incredible sound and high-tech design for your home.
TRIPLE FIFO BUFFERING
Each sample of a digital recording must remain evenly spaced in time. Unfortunately, timing can vary, especially when reading discs. This is “jitter”, degrading music's sense of space and diminishing realism. Meridian's multiple “First In, First Out” buffering system minimises jitter, ensuring perfect timing and improved clarity. You enjoy a clearer feeling of the instruments and their interrelationship.
MERIDIAN HIGH RESOLUTION (MHR)
MHR was the first approved encryption method for transferring high definition digital audio between components. Previously, it had to be in the analogue domain, reducing quality. MHR allows secure movement of high resolution digital audio within a Meridian system, without compromise, improving quality by reducing cyclic repetition.
MERIDIAN APODISING FILTER
Filters are critical in digital audio. Commonly they introduce distortion and harshness because of "pre-ringing". Early digital recordings suffer from harshness too, due to primitive filters. After painstaking research, Meridian developed a special filter that avoids pre-ringing, so it can be steeper, cleaning up the effects of early filters. The result: a better, cleaner sound from recordings old and new.
Traditional audio systems often require large, expensive cables to maintain their performance. Meridian's SpeakerLink uses an “Ethernet style” cable that delivers pristine digital sound and control down a single cable between Meridian components. The result is simple, unobtrusive, and cost-effective cables that are easy to install..
- ANALOGUE: 1 unbalanced on phono, 1 balanced on XLR-3M: 2.3V rms fixed/variable, Class A, 47Ω impedance
- DIGITAL: Coax unbalanced (S/PDIF); twin RJ45 balanced (AES/EBU) SpeakerLink digital interface for single-cable connection of other Meridian equipment. Operating at up to 2 x CD sample rate (88.2kHz), 24-bit with MHR option.
STEREO INPUTS & SOURCES
- ANALOGUE: 6 unbalanced on phono.
- DIGITAL: 3 coax, 5 toslink optical, 3 speakerlink RJ45, 1 USB, Meridian Digital Media System connectivity via RJ45 Ethernet connection
- THD & NOISE: Better than –96dBFS
- MECHANISM: Triple-beam laser, multi-speed CD-ROM transport
- DISC FORMATS: CD Audio (CD-DA), CD-R, CD-R/W
- COMMS: Two 5-pin 240° DIN sockets for Meridian Comms, and RS232 full remote/configuration interface. Three programmable 12V trigger outputs. RJ45 SpeakerLink.
- CONSTRUCTION: Black lacquer, graphite or silver finish in metal & glass. Meridian Select colours also available.
- POWER: Advanced linear power supply