Delivering the best possible sound into your life is Monitor Audio’s main aim. Whether from movies or your favourite music, with the Silver Series of technologically advanced loudspeakers you can be sure of a quality so lifelike that it takes you to the heart of the performance.
With a pedigree in British hi-fi design, Monitor Audio speakers are crafted for perfection in sound, aesthetics and build quality. Each of the nine Silver Series models has been meticulously created by engineers and craftsmen who are as passionate about music as you are. The result of over forty years of expertise in speaker development, this affordable family of sleek audio masterpieces takes performance to a new level of fidelity. Hi-fi and home theatre systems have never sounded this good.
Technology from Monitor Audio’s flagship Platinum II range has been incorporated to reduce distortion, providing the purest mid-range performance. The master of metal cone technology, Monitor Audio has invested in all-new drivers developed for this range. Whichever Silver Series models you find ideal for your environment, you will begin to rediscover your music and film collection as you’ve never heard it before.
With this masterpiece, we guarantee you won’t need an extra sub to deliver the most demanding music tracks to the full.
While assured of incredible scale and breath-taking dynamics from Monitor Audio’s bespoke bass drivers, you are guaranteed clean mid-range, without a hint of distortion, and a delicate, detailed treble thanks to perfect drive unit matching. All bass and mid-range drivers feature the Silver Series’ signature RST Cone profile.
High overall sensitivity and easy loading make the new Silver 500 easy to drive and capable of delivering amazing results in your audio system. In fact, a modestly powered high-quality amplifier is all you need to fill a large room with volume levels that approach live music. And, with just 12 inches (30 cm) needed between the speaker and wall, to allow the system to breathe and perform optimally, the Silver 500 is perfect where space is tight.
"Their scale and nuanced handling of effects is first-rate, they're easy to drive, build quality is on the money, and they look the part, too" - Ed Selley (Home Cinema Choice 2018). Full review here.
• Three-way, four-driver configuration (both electrically and acoustically) allows drive units to be optimised to deliver high efficiency and lowest distortion
• 25 mm C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) tweeter, featuring vented Neo magnet system, optimised for lower distortion and cleaner sounding treble
• Specially developed 4-inch mid-range driver with ‘under hung’ voice coil and motor system so the voice coil is always in the magnetic gap, ensuring very low distortion
• Dual 8-inch bass drivers with ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile for better damping and improved mid-range clarity
• Cast polymer driver chassis design for improved rigidity and damping characteristics
• Pure-flow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling means the highest-quality transfer throughout the signal chain
• High-quality crossovers with premium-grade, bespoke polypropylene film capacitors, air-core and low-loss laminated steel-core inductors for maximum signal transfer
• Rigid 20 mm MDF construction utilising scientifically-optimised cabinet bracing
• Single bolt-through driver systems for increased cabinet rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
• Ultra-low-profile grilles featuring invisible magnetic grille fixings ensure clean visual styling when fitted
• Bespoke, high-quality bi-wire terminals
• HiVe®II port technology
• Premium handcrafted cabinets featuring quality real wood veneer finishes in Black Oak, Walnut, and Satin White.
Frequency Response: - 6dB: 30Hz - 35kHz
Sensitivity (1W@1m): 90 dB
Maximum SPL: 117 dBA (Pair)
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
Power Handling (RMS): 250 W
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS): 80 - 250 W
Cabinet Design: Dual chamber bass reflex with differential tuning. Twin HiVe®II port technology
Crossover Frequency: LF/MF: 625Hz, MF/HF: 3.1kHz
Drive Unit Complement: 2 x 8 " C-CAM RST bass driver, 1 x 4 " C-CAM RST mid driver, 1 x 1" (25 mm) C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
External Dimensions: 1050 x 230 x 329 (H x W x D mm)
Weight (Individual): 22.8 Kg