Subwoofer, 10", 200W (Each)
All the audiophile-like transparency of New Bronze’s low-distortion design regimen concentrated in the bass domain. This is New Bronze bass, deeply provisioned, authentically proportioned and dynamically fleet of foot, re-tooled from the ground up to punctuate the sound of every New Bronze system with stunningly natural bass transients, timed to perfection. The sophisticated Monitor Audio W10 subwoofer is a New Bronze original, featuring an exclusive trinity of uprated amplifier topology, powerful DSP processing and new long-throw driver design. Advanced switch-mode power conversion techniques, custom DSP tuning and a massive power reservoir combine to generate enormous dynamic headroom from the Class D power-pack, allowing the driver to drop low and punch hard without distortion for a truly sensational deep bass experience. A down-firing 10” ABR (Auxiliary Bass Radiator) ensures that with the same compact footprint as its predecessor, the W10 delivers an incredible 6dB greater SPL at 40Hz. Choose how you enjoy the W10’s prodigious bass energy with pre-set EQ settings for music, movie or impact.
"We play Taxi Driver on Blu-ray and are immediately struck by the film’s jazz accompaniment. Instruments are brilliantly organised and offered a generous amount of space in which to breathe, but most of all they are expressive and terrifically rhythmic."
"When Bernard Herrmann’s score is realised like this, it highlights Robert de Niro’s own improvisational delivery, giving purpose to the false starts and broken sentences."
"The sound dates the film as much as the flared trousers, but the package doesn’t hide behind that. Voices are clear, warm and expressive, there is depth to sounds such as the fizz of Travis’s Alka-Seltzer and real attack to the gunshots."
"This is a reasonably-priced speaker package, but that doesn’t restrict it from exploring the nuances of a dejected, lonely film." - What Hi-Fi? Read review here.
The Monitor Audio Bronze 5 5.1 package is comprised from the following products;
- Low Frequency Limit: 30 Hz
- Upper Frequency Limit: 40 – 150 Hz Variable
- Low Pass Filter Alignment: 12dB/Octave variable + 12dB Octave fixed @ 150Hz
- Amplifier Output: 220 W (RMS)
- Amplifier Classification: Class - D Digital amplifier with switch mode PSU
- Driver Complement: 1 x 10" C-CAM® long throw driver + 1 x 10" flat panel ABR
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 320 x 320 x 330 mm (336mm high inc feet.) (Excluding grille)
- Input Impedance: 20K ohms
- Standby power consumption: 0.5 watts (ErP certified)
- Mains Input Voltage: 50-60Hz 220-240 Vac - 50-60Hz
- Weight (Individual): 12.92 Kg
- Ultra long throw 10” driver featuring concave ‘dished’ C-CAM cone
- 10” flat panel ABR (auxiliary bass driver) mounted on the bottom to augment low frequency extension and power handling
- Powerful Class-D Amplifier delivering over 200W with low distortion
- Switch Mode power supply, designed to deliver high continuous rating and provides the instantaneous delivery of high current when required
- DSP processing with all control features and crossover performed in the digital domain
- Three pre-set EQ mode settings (Music, Movie, Impact)
- 12 volt trigger - provides switching control from AV amp, processor or home automation control system
- 18mm thick MDF construction
- Heavy cabinet bracing applied to provide stiff, low resonance cabinet
- Premium quality vinyl veneer finishes