The Monitor Audio Silver W-12’s over-specified driver assembly employs a hugely powerful magnet system and massive voice coil to deliver immense power from the compact sealed cabinet. A heavy-duty diecast basket not only holds the massive system rigidly together but also assists thermal sinking to keep the driver cool.
For the Silver W-12 subwoofer Monitor Audio specified a 500-watt Class-D amplifier and power-supply module from highly-regarded amplifier specialist Hypex; this provides incredible headroom and utilises advanced switch-mode power conversion techniques. A powerful DSP has been employed to deliver the best performance and filter characteristics while running the unique APC (Automatic Position Correction) system. The APC is a completely in-house development, designed to automatically correct for room modes. It uses a microphone and test tones to calculate detrimental room modes and correct frequency response, optimising it for the room and position. This is a simple and quick automated process that is a complete revelation to the installer and ensures the user can enjoy the subwoofer quality without positioning restrictions.
At the heart of the Silver W-12 lies a sophisticated 32-bit micro-controller, monitoring performance thousands of times per second, ensuring the system can deliver the best possible bass. It will never become over-driven or distorted, even at maximum power
What Hi-Fi? 2019 Best Speaker Package (Silver 200 AV12) - "Clear, balanced sound that is expressive and fun. Offers excellent integration, versatility and an impressive sense of body and scale".
- Ultra long-throw 12-inch driver featuring ‘dished’ C-CAM cone
- Triple suspension for ultimate linearity ensuring control at high power and excursions
- Oversized black anodised 3-inch voice coil which provides high power-handling and low distortion
- Powerful 500 W RMS Class-D amplifier with switching power supply provides instantaneous delivery of high current when required
- DSP processing with all control features and crossover performed digitally
- Automatic Position Correction plus automatic room setup feature using a microphone for simple system optimisation
- USB for firmware updates
- Three preset EQ mode settings (Music, Movie, & Impact)
- Rigid 20 mm MDF construction utilising scientifically-optimised cabinet bracing
- Selected, premium-quality wood veneers, high-gloss lacquer and contemporary Satin White finishes.
- Lower-Frequency Limit: 20 Hz (Typical IEC room)
- Upper-Frequency Limit: 40 – 120 Hz variable
- Low Pass Filter Alignment: Active 4th order 24 db/octave
- Amplifier Output: 500 W continuous
- Amplifier Classification: Class-D amplifier with switched-mode power supply (SMPSU)
- Bass EQ Profiles: Movie, Music, & Impact
- Phase Control: 0 & 180 degrees
- Auto Sensing: Line Level >2 mV
- Input Level Requirements: Standby after 20 minutes if no signal sensed
- Drive Unit Complement: 1 x 12" C-CAM subwoofer driver featuring triple suspension and 3" long-throw voice coil
- Trigger Input: 5 – 12 V via 3.5 mm mono mini-jack socket
- Cabinet Dimensions (Excluding Grille and Terminals (H x W x D)): 340 x 340 x 380 mm
- Dimensions (Including Grille, Amp and Feet): 370 x 340 x 410 mm
- Mains Input Voltage: 220 – 240 Vac 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 400 W / 0.5 W in Standby (ErP approved)
- Weight (unpacked): 20.1 kg