The Cadenza Red model is using a Nude Fine Line stylus with a cylindrical aluminium cantilever. The stylus tip radius is r/R 8/40 µm.
The coils are made from 6NX (99.9999 %) pure silver wire.
An improved winding process on the armature allows a better channel balance.
Ortofon constantly look for new technology to be used in our products and push the performance of existing technology. Thus we assure the highest level of performance and quality. The Kontrapunkt models and MC Jubilee became market standards and are among our most popular cartridges. Nevertheless Ortofon decided to develope a new cartridge series that is even more ambitious.
By carefully implementing cobalt-iron pole pieces, new improved winding process on the armature, using extruded aluminium housing in the models as well as other changes, we have been able to reveal new possibilities in performing the analogue information. It was also decided to make a more complete range of cartridges, which meant an introduction of a moving coil Cadenza Mono model to support our customers, who have an extended interest in micro groove mono records.
Cadenza (from Italian: meaning cadence) refers to a portion of a concert in which the orchestra stops playing, leaving the soloist to play alone in free time, without a strict, regular pulse. A cadenza can be written or improvised. It’s usually the most elaborate and virtuosic part the solo instrument plays during the whole piece. At the end of the cadenza, the orchestra re-enters, and generally finishes off the movement.
During the 19th century, composers began to write cadenzas out in full. Others wrote cadenzas for works, where the composer had intended for the solo to be improvised, in order for the soloist to have a well formed solo that they could practice in advance. Some of these have become so widely played and sung that they are effectively a part of the standard repertoire.
• Output voltage at 1 kHz 5 cm/sec: 0.45 mV
• Channel balance: < 1.5 dB
• Channel separation at 1 kHz: > 23 dB
• Channel separation at 15 kHz: > 15 dB
• Frequency range at -3 dB: 20 Hz - 50 kHz
• Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, +3/-1
• Tracking ability at 315 Hz: 80 μm
• Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 12 μm/mN
• Stylus type: Nude Fine Line on Aluminium cantilever
• Stylus tip radius: r/R 8/40
• Tracking force range: 2.2-2.7 g (22-27 mN)
• Tracking force recommended: 2.5 g (25 mN)
• Tracking angle: 20º
• Internal impedance, DC resistance: 5 Ohm
• Recommended load impedance: 50-500 Ohm
• Cartridge body material: Stainless steel Aluminium
• Cartridge colour: Red/Black
• Cartridge weight: 10.7 g