The Quintet Blue's sound image will tend to more smooth reproduction compared to Quintet Red and moderate dynamic strength compared to Quintet Bronze.
It features a Nude Elliptical diamond mounted on an aluminium cantilever.
The Quintet Blue will bring more space, depth and detail into the sound and is a very good choice for any kind of music, especially rhythmic.
Top-mounting of the Quintet cartridges is easy and secure using the screws supplied. The aluminuim frame has threaded mounting holes and is fitted easily with the 5mm or 7mm screws depending on the thickness of the headshell.
The Quintet series’ right angles, straight lines, stylus visibility and ample distance between the record surface and the cartridge’s bottom will make it easy to mount and align the cartridge and tonearm correctly. The Quintet Series gives excellent results with most common tonearms.
Nothing demonstrates Ortofon's long-standing resilience more than its commitment to the refinement of analogue sound quality and its continued development of new cartridge models. Since 1948 Ortofon has introduced about 100 different Moving Coil models. We believe the cartridges in this new series are more than worthy successors to the long line of models that has made Ortofon the global leader in the manufacture and supply of phono cartridges.
The MC Quintet Series is a direct result of our continued research and innovation
The MC Quintet Series is congruent with Ortofon’s unrelenting commitment to providing the most precise and accurate reproduction possible without coloration:
A special ABS (Acrylonitrile/Butadiene/Styrene) thermoplastic material is used for manufacturing of the body. This light-weight, impact resistant material is very suitable for injection-moulding and provides a very durable scratch resistant surface.
Neodymium magnets are implemented to achieve an optimal output.
Low internal impedance makes the cartridge less sensitive to load and therefore ensures compatibility with the widest range of preamps and transformers.
It is our aim to bring our customers many hours of new and surprising experiences in listening to their precious vinyl collection.
• Output voltage at 1 kHz 5 cm/sec: 0.5 mV
• Channel balance: < 1.5 dB
• Channel separation at 1 kHz: > 21 dB
• Channel separation at 15 kHz: > 14 dB
• Frequency range at -3 dB: 20-25.000 Hz
• Frequency response: 20-20.000 Hz, +/-2.5 dB
• Tracking ability at 315 Hz: 70 μm
• Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 15 μm/mN
• Stylus type: Nude Elliptical
• Stylus tip radius: r/R 8/18 μm
• Tracking force range: 2.1-2.5 g (21-25 mN)
• Tracking force recommended: 2.3 g (23 mN)
• Tracking angle: 20º
• Internal impedance, DC resistance: 7 Ohm
• Recommended load impedance: >20 Ohm
• Cartridge body material: ABS/Aluminium
• Coil wire material: Pure 4-nines copper
• Cartridge colour: Blue
• Cartridge weight: 9 g