Superlative vinyl performance from a compact luxurious turntable/arm configuration!
Xtension 9 Evolution incorporates all our turntable design experience from more than 20 years in a slim-line size to fit standard audio racks. Xtension 9 chassis is made from MDF filled with metal granulate, that gives high mass and is non-resonant. Magnetic feet, which decouple the main plinth from its base, are combined with a weighty 16 kg total turntable mass. With these two magnets located in the feet, the turntable is practically floating. The result is a unique combination of ‘mass loaded’ and ‘floating turntable’ design principles. Instead of pure metal for the main platter, we’ve found a perfect alloy which we damped on with thermo plastic elastomers (TPE). Additionally we’ve placed recycled Vinyl records on top (which act as a perfect mat) and bake this ‘sandwich’ before precision balancing it. The final product subsequently benefits from a wonderfully resonance-free, heavy platter, that runs ultra-silently on an inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic suspension. The Xtension 9 Evolution includes a top-class high-end tonearm 9” Evolution.
Pro-Ject Audio Systems offers their high-end turntables with premium 5pin > RCA unbalanced arm cable or – by request – with premium balanced 5pin > XLR connection to Pro-Ject Phono Box RS preamplifier. Phono Box RS offers balanced phono inputs, what guarantees superior results in high-end vinyl reproduction with a balanced signal source.
NOTE: The signal source and the receiving device have to be equipped with balanced connections. Transmission of audio signals in a balanced mode reduce the influence of interference due to external stray electric fields significantly.
• Heavy 16 kg belt drive turntable
• Mass loaded magnetic floating sub-chassis
• Precision balanced sandwich-platter
• Inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic support
• Heavy weight record clamp
• MDF chassis filled with metal granulate with low levels of resonance and high mass
• Electronic speed control 33/45 rpm
• Tonearm 9cc Evolution made from carbon fibre
• Inverted tonearm bearings (ABEC 7 quality)
• Dust cover included
• Speed: 33, 45 (electronic speed change)
• Principle: Belt drive
• Platter: 300 mm aluminium (TPE damped)
• Main bearing: Inverted stainless steel with ceramic ball with antimagnetic support
• Wow & flutter: ± 0.10% (max)
• Speed variance: ± 0.09% (max)
• Signal to Noise Ratio: 73 dB
• Tonearm: 9” cc EVO, Carbon
• Effective arm length: 230 mm
• Effective tonearm mass: 8.5 g
• Overhang: 18.0 mm
• Tracking force range: 0 - 25 mN
• Included accessories: Power supply, dust cover
• Power consumption: 4 Watts max / < 1 Watt standby
• Dimensions: 465 x 185 x 350 mm (WxHxD)
• Weight: 18.0 kg net