For 40 years VPI has built turntables in American and kept it in the VPI family. For almost 30 of those years the home of VPI has been Cliffwood, New Jersey. With VPI reaching a more entry level market they are still able to make their products in Cliffwood, New Jersey. Most companies when making entry level products source their components outside their country of origin. This is why VPI can celebrate their heritage and workers by naming this turntable after the place where they are built.
The Cliffwood combines VPI's decades of engineering know-how with a distinct goal of building an entry level turntable that looks, feels and sounds superb - and the Cliffwood does all three.
The VPI Cliffwood is a high-end entry level turntable. The Cliffwood comes complete with a VPI Green cartridge which is made by Grado on a 9 inch Gimbaled/Yoke bearing. It is the perfect solution to enjoy your records! It also has standard RCA connections giving the ability to hook up to any standard phono.
The Cliffwood turntable is a precision instrument.
• Platter rotates on an oil bath bearing
• The bearing has a PEEK thrust disc and machined graphite impregnated brass bushings using a Thompson Engineering 60 Rockwell case hardened shaft.
• 9" Gimbal Tonearm
• Machined aluminum tonearm
• Machined aluminum platter
• Cartridge Pre-mounted
• Made in the USA
• JMW-9 Tonearm & Base - Improves tracking and dynamics with a new tonearm & base.
• Signature Centerweight - Great for use with slightly warped records and improve the focus.
• Analog Drive System (ADS) - Improves accuracy and speed adjustment.
• Type: Belt drive (manual turntable)
• Chassis Composition:Vinyl Wrapped MDF
• Footprint:16" x 11"
• Overall Size:19" x 14" x 6"
• Total Weight:17.6 lbs
• Platter Type & Size: 11.5" Aluminum, 7 lbs
• Motor: 600 RPM AC Motor - 2 speed pulley
• Turntable Speeds: 33.3 RPM and 45 RPM
• Motor Pulley Accuracy: +/- .0005"
• Average RMS Distortion: 0.36%
• Very pure copper wire, twisted with special insulating jacket.
Tonarm & Base Specifications
• New 9” vertical Yoke type Cliffwood Tonearm with lateral type bearing
• Damped machined aluminum armtube.
• Pivot to spindle: 223mm
• Effective length: 240.7mm
• Overhang: 17.7mm
• Offset angle: 22.85 degrees
• Cartridge: VPI/Grado Green
• Frequency Response: 10-50
• Principal: MI
• Channel Separation at 1KHz: 30
• Input Load: 47K
• Output at 1KHz (5CM/sec.): 5mV
• Recommended Tracking Force: 1.5
• Stylus Type: Elliptical
• Inductance: 45mH
• Resistance: 475
• Compliance CUs: 20