Mono Power Amplifier (Class-A, 1x800w/1 ohm).
The A-200 encompasses Accuphase power amplifier know-how to the fullest. It is destined to become another milestone, taking the art of audio to the next level. In order to realize ideal speaker drive capability, the A-200 employs a structural design that exceeds even the M-6000. Two completely separate power amplifier units, each with its own dedicated heat sink on either side of the chassis, are driven in parallel.
Another outstanding characteristic of the A-200 is its enormously improved S/N ratio. By adopting the advanced instrumentation amplifier principle for the input stage in a double configuration, using only discrete electronic components instead of ICs, and fine-tuning the gain complement with the following stage, simply amazing S/N ratings were achieved: 126 dB at the maximum gain setting and 132 dB with gain set to –12 dB. These represent ultimate values even in the formidable Accuphase lineup.
Click here for PDF brochure.
- Pure Class A operation delivers 100 watts of quality power into 8 ohms
- Two totally identical power amplifier units driven in parallel
- 20-parallel push-pull arrangement of MOS-FET devices in output stage delivers linear high power progression to ultra-low 1-ohm impedance
- Input section configured as double instrumentation amplifier
- Double MCS+ circuit and current feedback topology in amplification stage
- Support for bridged use of two A-200 units with even higher output power
- Strong power supply with massive high-efficiency toroidal transformer and large filtering capacitors
- Continuous Average Output Power (20–20,000 Hz): Stereo operation (both channels driven) - 800 watts per channel into 1 ohm, 400 watts per channel into 2 ohms, 200 watts per channel into 4 ohms, 100 watts per channel into 8 ohms. Monophonic operation (bridged connection) - 1600 watts into 2 ohms, 800 watts into 4 ohms, 400 watts into 8 ohms.
- Continuous Peak Output Power (1 kHz): 1000 watts per channel into 1 ohm, 630 watts per channel into 2 ohms, 360 watts per channel into 4 ohms, 180 watts per channel into 8 ohms.
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.05% with 2 ohm load, 0.03% with 4 to 16 ohm load.
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.01%
- Frequency Response: At rated output: 20 – 20,000 Hz +0, -0.2 dB. At 1 watt output: 0.5 – 160,000 Hz +0, -3.0 dB
- Gain: 28.0 dB (with GAIN selector at MAX)
- Gain Selection: MAX, -3 dB, -6 dB, -12 dB
- Output Load impedance: Continuous - 2 to 16 ohms. With music signal: 1 to 16 ohms
- Damping Factor: 1000
- Input Sensitivity (with 8-ohm load, GAIN selector in MAX position): 1.13 V for rated continuous average output. 0.11 V for 1 watt output
- Input Impedance: Balanced - 40 kilohms. Line - 20 kilohms
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (A-weighted, input shorted): 126 dB (GAIN selector at MAX), 132 dB (GAIN selector at -12 dB) At rated continuous average output
- Output Level Meters (digital indication and bar graph): Digital meters: 5-digit indication, selectable range (10 W / 100 W / 1000 W). Bar graph meters: 40-point scale. Hold time: 1 second/, switchable. ＊Display off setting provided.
- Power Requirements: AC 120 V/230 V, 50/60 Hz (Voltage as indicated on rear panel)
- Power Consumption: 300 watts idle. 400 watts in accordance with IEC 60065
- Maximum Dimensions: Width 465 mm, Height 238 mm, Depth 514 mm
- Mass: 46.0 kg net, 55.0 kg in shipping carton