Stereo Control Center
Accuphase’s ground-breaking AAVA (Accuphase Analog Vari-gain Amplifier) volume control, first introduced in the model C-2800, has been continually further refined and improved. AAVA operates fully in the analog domain, but it eliminates all potentiometers from the signal path. This has a number of advantages, such as (1) outstanding S/N ratio, (2) extremely low distortion, (3) virtually no change in frequency response and sound quality at any listening level, (4) minimal left/right level differences (tracking errors), and (5) minimal left/right crosstalk. The result is a volume control that far surpasses conventional concepts.
A range of sophisticated option boards opens up even more possibilities. The newly developed Digital Input Board DAC-40 features a USB port and support for high-bit, high-sampling frequency signals up to 192 kHz/24 bits.
The newly developed Analog Disc Input Board AD-30 is also available, ideal for high-grade reproduction of analog records using either MC or MM phono cartridges.
Click here for PDF brochure.
- AAVA volume control for high performance and outstanding sound
- Separate power transformers for left and right channels
- Selectable preamp gain
- Fully modular construction with individual left/right amplifier units on motherboard
- Logic-controlled relays for shortest signal paths
- Independent phase selection for each input position
- Tone controls designed for optimum sound quality
- Option board slots provide additional versatility for digital input handling or analog record playback
- Frequency Response: BALANCED/LINE INPUT, 3 - 200,000Hz +0 -3.0 dB, 20 - 20,000Hz +0 -0.2 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (for all inputs): 0.005%
- Input Sensitivity: BALANCED 252mV, 0.5V Output 63mV. LINE 252mV, 05.V Output 63mV
- Input Impedance: BALANCED 40 kilohms. LINE 20 kilohms
- Rated Output Voltage, Output Impedance: BALANCED/LINE OUTPUT 2 V 50 ohms, RECORDER REC (with AD input) 252 mV 200 ohms
- S/N Ratio, Input-converted Noise (gain selector: 18 dB): BALANCED 109 dB, S/N ratio (EIA) 107 dB. LINE 109 dB, S/N ratio (EIA) 107 dB
- Maximum Output Level (0.005% THD, 20 - 20,000 Hz): BALANCED/LINE OUTPUT: 7.0 V, RECORDER REC (with AD input): 6.0 V LINE
- Maximum Input Level: BALANCED/LINE INPUT: 6.0 V
- Minimum Load Impedance: BALANCED/LINE OUTPUT: 600 ohms, RECORDER REC: 10 kilohms
- Gain (gain selector: 18 dB)＊Gain switchable to 12/18/24 dB: BALANCED INPUT → BALANCED OUTPUT: 18 dB, BALANCED INPUT → LINE OUTPUT: 18 dB, LINE INPUT → BALANCED OUTPUT: 18 dB, LINE INPUT → LINE OUTPUT: 18 dB
- Tone Controls: Bass/Treble controls with selectable turnover frequencies. BASS: 40/100 Hz ±10 dB. TREBLE: 8/20 kHz ±10 dB
- Loudness Compensation: +6 dB (100 Hz)
- Attenuator: -20 dB
- Headphone Jack: Suitable impedance: 8 ohms or higher, Output level: 2 V (40 ohms)
- Power Requirements: 120 V/220 V/230 V AC, 50/60 Hz (Voltage as indicated on rear panel)
- Power Consumption: 30 W
- Maximum Dimensions: Width 465 mm, Height 150 mm, Depth 405 mm
- Mass: 16.8 kg, 25.0 kg in shipping carton