Precision Stereo Control Center
The Accuphase C-2850 incorporates AAVA technology developed for the C-3850 and features strictly selected materials and parts.
AAVA is fundamentally different from the digital signal processing approach involving A/D and D/A conversion. The volume control operates purely in the analog domain. Using AAVA to change the volume means that the high S/N ratio and low distortion of the amplifier remain totally unaffected. Frequency response and sound quality do not suffer at any listening level. There are no left/right tracking differences or crosstalk, and no other performance related degradations. The conventional concept of volume control in analog preamplifiers is well and truly a thing of the past. Another benefit of AAVA is the fact that it consists entirely of highly reliable semiconductor parts, so that performance and sound quality will remain undiminished for many years to come.
The C-2850 features separate power supplies for left and right channel, each with a dedicated high-efficiency toroidal power transformer and filtering capacitors. A total of 16 units for the line input, balanced input, AAVA, and other circuit stages are arranged separately for left and right channels on a mother board. This full mono construction eliminates any risk of unwanted electrical or mechanical interaction between the two stereo channels.
The printed circuit boards are an important element of a preamplifier both regarding electrical performance as well as sound quality. In the C-2850, these are made from glass cloth fluorocarbon resin with low dielectric constant and minimum loss. The result is a product that ushers in a new era of preamplifier excellence.
Each single C-2850 is lovingly built by highly experienced crafts persons skilled in the Art. The result is a product destined to transport the listener into the enchanting realm of high end audio.
The newly developed Analog Disc Input Unit AD-2850 option card is available.
- AAVA volume control for high performance and outstanding sound
- Separate power transformers for left and right channels
- Selectable preamp gain 12 db/18 db or 24 db
- Fully modular construction with individual left/right amplifier units on motherboard
- Logic-controlled relays for shortest signal paths
- Independent phase selection for each input position
- Printed circuit boards made from special glass cloth fluorocarbon resin
- Elegant cabinet with natural wood finish craft by hand
- Frequency Response: BALANCED/LINE INPUT, 3 - 200,000Hz +0 -3.0 dB, 20 - 20,000Hz +0 -0.2 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (for all inputs): 0.005%
- Input Sensitivity: BALANCED 252mV, 0.5V Output 63mV. LINE 252mV, 05.V Output 63mV
- Input Impedance: BALANCED 40 kilohms. LINE 20 kilohms
- Rated Output Voltage, Output Impedance: BALANCED/LINE OUTPUT 2 V 50 ohms, RECORDER REC (with AD input) 252 mV 200 ohms
- S/N Ratio, Input-converted Noise (gain selector: 18 dB): BALANCED 111 dB, S/N ratio (EIA) 110 dB. LINE 111 dB, S/N ratio (EIA) 110 dB
- Maximum Output Level (0.005% THD, 20 - 20,000 Hz): BALANCED/LINE OUTPUT: 7.0 V, RECORDER REC (with AD input): 6.0 V LINE
- Maximum Input Level: BALANCED/LINE INPUT: 6.0 V
- Minimum Load Impedance: BALANCED/LINE OUTPUT: 600 ohms, RECORDER REC: 10 kilohms
- Gain (gain selector: 18 dB)＊Gain switchable to 12/18/24 dB: BALANCED INPUT → BALANCED OUTPUT: 18 dB, BALANCED INPUT → LINE OUTPUT: 18 dB, LINE INPUT → BALANCED OUTPUT: 18 dB, LINE INPUT → LINE OUTPUT: 18 dB
- Loudness Compensation: 1: +2 dB (100 Hz), 2: +4 dB (100 Hz), 3: +6.5 dB (100 Hz)
- Attenuator: -20 dB
- Headphone Jack: Suitable impedance: 8 ohms or higher, Output level: 2 V (40 ohms)
- Subsonic Filter: 10 Hz: -18 dB/octave
- Power Requirements: 230 V AC, 50 Hz (Voltage as indicated on rear panel)
- Power Consumption: 40 Watts
- Maximum Dimensions: Width 477 mm, Height 156 mm, Depth 412 mm
- Mass: 24.5 kg, 31.0 kg in shipping carton