MDSD Digital Processor / DSD DAC.
In 2011, Accuphase introduced the ultra high-end separate type Precision SA-CD/CD Transport DP-900 and Precision MDSD Digital Processor DC-901 combo, which was positioned as the second entry in the company's 40th anniversary commemorative model lineup. In 2013 Accuphase followed these with the integrated type SA-CD/CD player DP-720 featuring a further evolved MDSD D/A converter with support for a variety of sources. Both the technical excellence and stunning sound quality of these products were highly lauded, earning them a secure place as reference components in Japan as well as abroad.
The DC-37 inherits the outstanding technology of the DC-901 and DP-720, while opening a new chapter in ultra-advanced and innovative digital signal processing technology. It features an MDSD type D/A converter that achieves straight conversion of the DSD signal and supports 5.6448 MHz (1-bit 2-channel DSD) sources.
In keeping with this development, the HS-LINK interface has also been upgraded to Version 2 with significantly expanded sampling frequency and quantization support up to 5.6448 MHz (1-bit 2-channel DSD) and 384 kHz (32-bit 2-channel PCM).The DC-37 also offers convenience and flexible functionality. External digital sources can be connected via a total of six digital inputs: HS-LINK, COAXIAL 1, COAXIAL 2, OPTICAL 1, OPTICAL 2, and USB.
Accepting digital data for example from a computer or other components, this new standalone processor turns the information into musical signals of unprecedented quality. A front panel display shows not only the sampling frequency of the selected source, but also the number of quantization bits, based on actual measurement of the signal.
Two completely separate power supplies, each with a dedicated power transformer, are used for the
digital and analog sections, to prevent any possibility of RF noise or electrical interference that could degrade the sonic purity of the output.
The DC-37 is a digital processor that redefines the state-of-the art and has its sights firmly set on the future, including computer-based and high-resolution audio. Only strictly selected circuit components, materials and other parts of the highest quality are used, resulting in an immense richness of information that translates into a spectacular musical experience.
Click here for PDF brochure.
- MDSD type D/A converter using eight parallel circuits
- Direct Balanced Filter with totally separate line and balanced signal paths
- Support for 5.6448 MHz (1-bit 2-channel DSD) and 384 kHz (32-bit 2-channel PCM)
- Six digital interface inputs including HS-LINK and USB
- Phase selector for balanced outputs
- Sampling frequency and quantization bit display for input signal
- Separate power transformers for digital and analog sections
- State-of-the-Art Digital Processor — Innovative MDSD (Multiple Double Speed DSD) digital processing circuitry with double-speed high-precision moving-average filter circuit configuration for straight D/A conversion of DSD signal.
- Informative readout shows sampling frequency and number of quantization bits of input source, based on actual measurement.
● Digital inputs HS-LINK Connector type: RJ-45 Suitable cable: Dedicated HS-LINK cable
COAXIAL Format: IEC 60958 AES-3 compliant Suitable cable: 75-ohm coaxial digital cable
OPTICAL Format: JEITA CP-1212 compliant Suitable cable: JEITA standard optical fiber cable
USB Format: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (480 Mbps) compliant Suitable cable: USB 2.0 cable with Type B connector
● Sampling frequencies
HS-LINK 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, 352.8 kHz, 384 kHz (16 to 32-bit 2-channel PCM)
2.8224 MHz, 5.6448 MHz (1-bit 2-channel DSD)
COAXIAL 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz (16 to 24 bit 2-channel PCM)
OPTICAL 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz (16 to 24 bit 2-channel PCM)
USB 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, 352.8 kHz, 384 kHz
(16 to 32 bit 2-channel PCM) 2.8224 MHz, 5.6448 MHz (1-bit 2-channel DSD)
● D/A converter MDSD principle (DSD signal) MDS++ principle (PCM signal)
● Frequency response 0.5 to 50,000 Hz +0, －3.0 dB
● Total harmonic distortion 0.0006％ (20 to 20,000 Hz)
● Signal-to-noise ratio 119 dB
● Dynamic range 116 dB
● Channel separation 117 dB (20 to 20,000 Hz)
● Output voltage and BALANCED: 2.5 V 50 ohms, balanced XLR type
impedance LINE: 2.5 V 50 ohms, RCA phono jack
● Output level control 0 dB to -80 dB (digital)
● Sampling frequency / 2-channel PCM
Quantization bit display 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, 352.8 kHz, 384 kHz 0 to 32 bit (0: No data) 2-channel DSD 2.8224 MHz, 5.6448 MHz
● Power consumption 10 W
● Maximum dimensions Width 465 mm Height 114 mm Depth 385 mm ( 15.16”)
● Weight 14.4 kg