SACD/CD Player (ADB2).
The Accuphase DP-720 is an integrated SA-CD/CD player that reflects the superb know-how of the DP-900/DC-901 combo, aiming for top performance in the integrated category. As appropriate for a high-end player, the DP-720 features the latest versions of major Accuphase in-house developments: a high-precision SA-CD/CD drive and an advanced MDSD type D/A converter. The high-precision SA-CD/CD drive inherits vital know-how and technology from the DP-900, realising the ideal transport design for bringing out the full potential of the SA-CD medium. The ultra-heavy, high-rigidity, high-precision mechanism has been finely honed to further perfection.
The digital processor section is optimally suited to handle the SA-CD format, using cutting-edge circuit topology and advanced digital technology to further enhance the innovative MDSD (Multiple Double Speed DSD) principle for direct D/A conversion of the DSD signal.
Click here for PDF brochure.
- High-grade SA-CD/CD drive
- MDSD type D/A converter using eight parallel devices
- Support for playback of DSD discs with DSF file format
- "Direct Balanced Filter" with separate balanced and unbalanced signal paths
- HS-LINK and USB digital interfaces
- EXT DSP inputs and outputs allow insertion of DG-58 into signal path for sound field correction
- Phase selector for balanced outputs
- Numeric indication of sampling frequency
- Compatible disc formats: 2-channel Super Audio CD, CD, DSD disc (DSF file format)
- Data read method: Non-contact optical pickup
- Laser diode wavelength: SA-CD - 650 nm, CD - 780nm
- EXT DSP: HS-LINK Connector type: RJ-45. COAXIAL Format: IEC 60958 compliant.
- Digital inputs: HS LINK: Connector type: RJ-45. COAXIAL Format: IEC 60958 compliant. OPTICAL Format: JEITA COMPUTER-1212 compliant. USB Format: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (480 Mbps) compliant
- EXT DSP: HS LINK: Connector type: RJ-45. SA-CD: 2.8224 MHz/1bit DSD. CD: 44.1kHz/16 bit PCM. COAXIAL: Format: IEC 60958 compliant. CD: 44.1kHz/16 bit PCM.
- Sampling frequencies: HS LINK: 32 kHz to 192 kHz (2-channel PCM). 2.8224 mHz/1bit (2-channel DSD). USB, COAXIAL: 32 kHz to 192 kHz/24 bit (2-Channel PCM). OPTICAL: 32 kHz - 96 kHz/24 bit (2-Channel PCM)
- D/A converter: 4MDS++ type
- Frequency response: 0.7 - 50,000 Hz +0, -3 dB
- Total harmonic distortion: Max. 0.0006% (20 - 20,000 Hz, 24-bit input)
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 119 dB or better
- Dynamic range: 116 dB (24-bit input, low pass filter off)
- Channel separation: 117 dB (20 to 20,000 Hz)
- Output voltage and impedance: BALANCED: 2.5 V, 50 ohms, balanced XLR type, LINE: 2.5 V, 50 ohms, RCA type phono jack
- Output level control: 0 to -80 dB in 1-dB steps (digital type)
- Power requirements: 120/220/230 V AC, 50/60 Hz (Voltage as indicated on rear panel)
- Power consumption: 31 W, standby: 0.3 W
- Max. dimensions: Width 477 mm, Height 156 mm, Depth 394 mm
- Mass: 28.0 kg net, 34.0 kg in shipping carton