Integrated Amplifier (2x 90w).
The Accuphase E-260 represents a major overhaul of the E-250, reflecting latest design technology and featuring the same advanced AAVA volume control as the higher-ranked models E-560, E-460, and E-360.
AAVA is a revolutionary principle that redefines the concept of volume control from the ground up, operating purely in the analog domain for high performance and ultimate sound.
In the output stage, high-power audio grade transistors are arranged in a parallel push-pull configuration which significantly enhances the capability to safely drive low-impedance loads.
Output operation is sustained by the power supply with a massive power transformer and large filtering capacitors. This provides high-quality power output of 115 watts x 2 into 4 ohms or 90 watts x 2 into 8 ohms, along with a damping factor of 200, thanks to the redesigned circuitry.
A range of sophisticated option boards opens up even more possibilities. The newly developed Digital Input Board DAC-40 features a USB port and support for high-bit, high-sampling frequency signals up to 192 kHz/24 bits.
The newly developed Analog Disc Input Board AD-30 is also available, ideal for high-grade reproduction of analog records using either MC or MM phono cartridges.
Click here for PDF brochure.
"When playing Wake me up... by the duo Le Bang Bang from Munich (STEREO Listening Test CD VII) we were indeed startled whilst the E-260 hammered the vehement and dry bass pulses into the woofers".
"Dynamics has ever since been a highlight inherent in amplifiers from Accuphase and this 'small' newcomer is no exception. It has once again set a benchmark in this range." - Matthias Böde, STEREO Magazine Germany (Issue June 2013). Read full review here.
- Revolutionary AAVA volume control
- Output stage with high-power transistors in parallel push-pull arrangement delivers high quality power: 90 watts x 2 into 8 ohms
- Instrumentation amplifier principle for power amplifier input stage allows fully balanced signal transmission
- Logic-control relays for shortest signal paths
- Strong power supply with massive high-efficiency transformer and large filtering capacitors
- EXT PRE button allows separate use of preamplifier and power amplifier sections
- Numeric indication of volume level
- Continuous Average Output Power (both channels driven, 20-20,000 Hz): 115 watts per channel into 4 ohms, 105 watts per channel into 6 ohms, 90 watts per channel into 8 ohms
- Total Harmonic Distortion (both channels driven, 20-20,000 Hz): 0.05% with 4 to 16-ohm load
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.01%
- Frequency Response: HIGH LEVEL INPUT/POWER INPUT 20 - 20,000 Hz +0, -0.2 dB (for rated continuous average output), 3 - 150,000 Hz +0, -3.0 dB (for 1 watt output)
- Damping Factor: 200 (For rated output with 8-ohm load, 50 Hz)
- Output Voltage, Output Impedance (at rated continuous average output): PRE OUTPUT: 1.07 V, 50 ohms
- Gain: HIGH LEVEL INPUT → PRE OUTPUT : 18 dB, POWER INPUT → OUTPUT: 28 dB
- Tone Controls Turnover frequency and adjustment range: BASS: 300 Hz ±10 dB (50 Hz), TREBLE: 3 kHz ±10 dB (20 kHz)
- Loudness Compensation: +6 dB (100 Hz)
- Attenuator: －20 dB
- Power Level Meters: Logarithmic compression, peak reading meters, output dB/% scale
- Load Impedance: 4 - 16 ohms
- Stereo Headphones: Suitable impedance: 8 ohms or higher
- Power Requirements: AC 120 V/220 V/230 V 50/60 Hz (Voltage as indicated on rear panel)
- Power Consumption: 49 watts idle 245 watts in accordance with IEC 60065
- Maximum Dimensions: Width 465 mm x Height 151 mm x Depth 420 mm
- Mass: 20.0 kg net, 26.0 kg in shipping carton