Integrated Amplifier (2x 180w).
Inheriting outstanding technology from Accuphase's 40th anniversary commemorative models, the E-470 represents a full model change from the E-460. Internally, the preamplifier and power amplifier sections are kept entirely separate, in order to allow each to develop their full potential, rivalling the performance and sonic excellence of separate type components. With a simple flick of a switch, the POWER IN feature allows individual use of the two sections. At the heart of the preamplifier section is a further evolved AAVA type volume control, and the power amplifier block is configured with the latest instrumentation amplifier topology, enabling fully balanced signal transmission throughout. The MCS+ approach improves crucial performance parameters by employing multiple identical circuits in parallel, and current feedback provides optimum stability. As a result, the low impedance output stage achieves a damping factor of 500. MOS-FET switches are used in place of relays for speaker protection, helping to ensure superb electrical characteristics and improve long-term reliability. Power MOS-FET devices arranged in triple parallel push-pull pairs for each channel greatly enhance the ability of the amplifier to drive low-impedance loads.
A range of sophisticated option boards opens up even more possibilities. The newly developed Digital Input Board DAC-40 features a USB port and support for high-bit, high-sampling frequency signals up to 192 kHz/24 bits.
The newly developed Analog Disc Input Board AD-30 is also available, ideal for high-grade reproduction of analog records using either MC or MM phono cartridges.
Click here for PDF brochure.
- Revolutionary AAVA volume control
- Power MOS-FETs in triple parallel push-pull configuration deliver ample power: 180 watts/channel into 8 ohms
- Instrumentation amplifier principle for power amplifier input stage allows fully balanced signal transmission, complemented by MCS+ topology and current feedback amplification circuitry
- Logic-control relays for the shortest signal paths
- Strong power supply with massive high-efficiency toroidal transformer and large filtering capacitors
- POWER IN button allows separate use of preamplifier and power amplifier sections
- Numeric indication of volume level
- Continuous Average Output Power (both channels driven, 20-20,000 Hz): 260 watts per channel into 4 ohms, 220 watts per channel into 6 ohms, 180 watts per channel into 8 ohms
- Total Harmonic Distortion (both channels driven, 20-20,000 Hz): 0.05% with 4 to 16-ohm load
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.01%
- Frequency Response: HIGH LEVEL INPUT/POWER INPUT 20 - 20,000 Hz +0, -0.2 dB (for rated continuous average output), 3 - 150,000 Hz +0, -3.0 dB (for 1 watt output)
- Damping Factor: 200 (For rated output with 8-ohm load, 50 Hz)
- Output Voltage, Output Impedance (at rated continuous average output): PRE OUTPUT: 1.51 V, 50 ohms
- Gain: HIGH LEVEL INPUT → PRE OUTPUT : 18 dB, POWER INPUT → OUTPUT: 28 dB
- Tone Controls Turnover frequency and adjustment range: BASS: 300 Hz ±10 dB (50 Hz), TREBLE: 3 kHz ±10 dB (20 kHz)
- Loudness Compensation: +6 dB (100 Hz)
- Attenuator: －20 dB
- Power Level Meters: Logarithmic compression, peak reading meters, output dB/% scale
- Load Impedance: 4 - 16 ohms
- Stereo Headphones: Suitable impedance: 8 ohms or above
- Power Requirements: AC 120 V/220 V/230 V 50/60 Hz (Voltage as indicated on rear panel)
- Power Consumption: 92 watts idle 440 watts in accordance with IEC 60065
- Maximum Dimensions: Width 465 mm x Height 181 mm x Depth 428 mm
- Mass: 24.4 kg net, 30.0 kg in shipping carton