Home Theatre Processor/Pre-Amplifier
Few A/V Preamplifier-Processors offer the innovation and performance found in the all new AVM 60. Features include Dolby Atmos immersive audio decoding, future upgrade for DTS:X, support for UHD Blu-ray and 4K60 through HDMI 2.0a with HDR. HDCP 2.2 and 18.2 Gbps are also included allowing switching for compatibility with the latest video formats.
Audiophile-friendly features include a toroidal power supply, premium differential-output D/A converters with 32-bit conversion and sampling rate optimized filters for hi-res sound. Premium A/D converters with 106 dB signal to noise ratio ensure the highest- quality sound when using analog sources.
DTS Play-Fi offers easy-to-use music playback from popular streaming services and locally networked sources, controlled through iOS, Android or PC apps.
What is ARC?
Simply put, Anthem Room Correction quickly “corrects” the effects that reflective surfaces such as walls, floors and ceilings have on the sound radiating from a loudspeaker. Removing the effects of these obstacles allows your audio equipment to achieve a more natural sound in any room, as close to the lab standard as possible.
On a more complex level, ARC is a proprietary digital signal processing software that works with a specially-engineered calibration microphone and your PC to quickly and easily optimise audio for your unique listening space. Anthem engineers developed the ARC system while researching how to replicate the audio-lab standard of performance in non-lab environments. This groundbreaking research was conducted in conjunction with the National Research Council of Canada, the Canadian government’s research and technology organisation.
Anthem engineers realised that real world listening experiences had little in common with the controlled environment of the audio lab. That’s because even the best loudspeakers are affected by room anomalies like furniture. These obstacles cause standing waves, resonances, and reflections that can colour the sound you hear. Imagine the sound waves coming from your speakers as ripples on a water surface. That makes it easy for you to understand how the ripples of sound bounce off any obstruction they encounter. You can immediately see the benefit of removing the obstacles.
ARC digitally compares a room’s acoustic signature to that of the lab standard. It measures the response of each speaker relative to the listening area. Then it uses advanced algorithms to eliminate the negative effects of the obstacles in the room, adjusting response and correcting phase effects. When ARC removes the obstacles, what’s left is the lab standard performance.
How does ARC work?
The ARC Kit is easy to use, and just a few simple steps can customise your loudspeakers for your unique listening space.
Each ARC-ready component comes with a complete ARC Kit, consisting of software and microphone calibration file from our website, a professional quality mic stand and high quality connectors. You will need a Windows-based laptop computer with a CD drive.
Plug the kit’s custom Calibration Microphone into your computer and into your ARC-ready Anthem A/V receiver. Place the microphone at each of the listening positions in your room (a minimum of five, maximum of ten), and allow ARC to take a sound sample from each location.
The proprietary ARC software measures the difference between the speaker’s ideal lab-standard response, and their real-world performance in your room. Then, its sophisticated DSP accurately equalises response and creates intricate crossover curves so that the performance of the speakers in your room meets the ideal lab standard!
Now you’re hearing exactly what our audio engineers intended you to hear: Pure, natural, transparent sound, no matter what challenges your room presents!
- 11.2 Channels
- 8 HDMI inputs (7 rear and 1 front-panel input)
- Digital Audio Inputs: 2 Coaxial + 3 Optical
- 5 Stereo Analog RCA Inputs
- Dolby Atmos®
- DTS:X™ Ready
- ARC™ Anthem Room Correction
- 4 Speaker Profile Memories
- Quad Core Digital Signal Processing
- Two Sub Out Jacks (parallel)
- Premium 32-bit / 768 kHz Differential-Output D/A Converters
- Wireless Network Connection
- HDMI 2.0a
- HDCP 2.2
- 4:4:4 Subsampling at 4K60 (18.2 Gbps)
- High Dynamic Range (HDR)
- BT.2020 Color Gamut
- On-Screen Display with 4K 50/60
- 4K 50/60 Switching
PREAMPLIFIER (MEASURED AT XLR OUTPUT)
- Maximum Output: (<0.1% THD) 8.4 Vrms, subwoofer channel 9.9 Vrms
- Frequency Response: (2 Vrms output) 10 Hz — 35 kHz (+0, -0.25 dB)
- Frequency Response, Analog-Direct: (2 Vrms output) 10 Hz — 80 kHz (+0, -0.25 dB)
- THD+N (2 Vrms output): -95 dB
- S/N Ratio (2 Vrms output, IEC-A filter): 110 dB
- Typical Load: 60 W
- Standby: 0.3 W
- Standby IP Control Enabled: 4.7 W
- Standby HDMI Bypass Enabled: 8.2 W
- Height: 16.5 cm
- Height with Rackmount Kit: 4U
- Width: 43.9 cm
- Depth (not including power cord): 36.4 cm
- Weight: 9 kg
- 220-240 V version: In countries where the line voltage is 220, 230, or 240 V, this product operates from a single phase AC power source that supplies between 198 V and 264 V at a frequency of 50 Hz.