For the Ultimate Digital Experience
When it comes to computing power, you really can't have too much.
If you're a lover and collector of digital music you know how important it is to have high quality hardware dedicated to managing and handling your collection.
Just as it is important to have a high quality DAC, it is also important to make sure whatever is storing, managing and rendering your files is a low noise, bit perfect reliable system.
The CX+EX solution is exactly that! A dedicated Server, a dedicated render, zero fan or electrical noise and a whole lot of computing head room. The formula for a perfect digital system.
The CX+EX solution enables the Server and Renderer apps to run without any interference from each other, and be both run on the ultimate hardware for each task.
In this solution, the CX is used just to run the Server function that it was optimised for, and this is achieved by simply turning off the Renderer apps, giving complete priority to the Server function. And the EX is used just to run the Renderer function that it was optimised for, and this is achieved by simply turning off the Server apps, giving complete priority to the Renderer function. The CX and EX include Direct Ethernet capability, enabling the CX to be connected to the EX with a dedicated, very low noise signal, insulated from extraneous network noise.
With both units running in their optimal mode, and linked by Direct Ethernet, the CX+EX solution provides the absolute state-of-the-art in both sound quality and usability.
The CX is designed so that you can add your own storage disks, enabling you to self-install up to 4TB of HDD or up to 8TB of SSD storage. Use of SSDs improves dynamics, high frequency sweetness and speed, and is significantly more musically engaging. If you prefer to have your storage disks pre-installed then your dealer can assist you. You can also run the CX from external storage on a NAS or a USB drive. Of these alternatives, the NAS sounds much better than a USB drive. Compared to internal SSDs, playing from a NAS will lose a little impact and precision, and navigating a large library will be less ‘snappy’.
• The CX is dedicated to run just the Server app (eg. Roon Server)
• The EX is dedicated to run just the Renderer app (eg. Roon Ready)
• The CX is linked direct to the EX with a short high quality Ethernet cable
• Both are managed over your network by connecting just the CX to your network
• Internal Storage is connected to the CX
• Any ripper used (such as the Antipodes P1) is connected to the CX
• The EX plays out to a DAC via USB
• Or the EX plays out to a P2 and then from the P2 to the DAC
The results are stunning – not just combining the exceptional transparency of the CX with the exceptional musicality of the EX, but lifting both aspects to a completely new level of naturalness and separation.
Storage Options (CX):
• Up to two 2.5" 7mm SSDs, 1-8TB total
• High Power V4H Circuit (CX)
• Medium Power V4X Circuit (EX)
• Fanless All Alloy
• Separate Screened Chambers Construction
• ODAPS2 Level 3 Internal Linear Power Supplies
• Stereo Analog Output (RCA)
• USB Audio 2.0 Output
• PCM to 32bit / 768kHz PCM
• DoP to DSD512, Native DSD to DSD512
• Ethernet Direct Output
• Roon Server & Roon Ready
• SqueezeBox & Squeezelite
• HQPlayer NAA
• Spotify Connect
• SONOS Integration
• Plex Media Server
• Less Than 25W While Running
• 240mm (w) x 290mm (d) x 90mm (h)
• 24 Months Return To Vendor
• Extendable To 36 Months By Online Registration