Our most advanced cd, digital audio and network streaming player yet
An Incredible SACD Player at an even more Incredible Price!
The design of the HDA range draws upon all of Arcam’s experience as one of the UK’s most respected audio companies, to produce Arcam’s best performing range of audio products yet – using the best quality components and engineering practices, the HDA range is designed and built to give you years of listening enjoyment.
In a sense, digital audio doesn’t exist. You’d have to be a particularly dull superhero to possess ears that can decode the millions of 1’s and 0’s that make up your CD collection or iTunes library. Whatever the source – be it a laptop, CD player, smartphone, USB stick – the result is just a vibration in your speakers. In other words, it all winds up analogue in the end.
Arguably, when playing from a digital format, the most vital component is the DAC, or Digital to Analogue Converter. We’ll spare you the bulk of the science, but this is what translates that otherwise lifeless binary code into audible sound energy. Bit-depth, meanwhile, is a key measure of audio quality.
So, if you’re listening to a 24-bit WAV copy of your favourite album through a DAC that only converts to 16-bit, there’s a good chunk of detail going to waste right there. That’s why we’ve included 32-bit DACs on the entire HDA range – the most commonly used bit-depth in digital recording – so you’re guaranteed the full aural picture of whatever the artist intended.
• Plays all disc formats, including SACD, CD-A, CD-R and CD-RW
• Supports audio file formats including FLAC, WAV, AIFF, OGG, MP3, AAC and WMA
• USB input
• Superb 32-bit DAC built in
• Streaming through the music life app
• Total harmonic distortion + noise = 0.002%
Analogue Audio Output
• Digital to Analogue Conversion ESS9038 32-bit/192kHz Delta-Sigma DAC
• Signal/Noise Ratio (Awtd) 118dB unbalanced, 122db balanced
• Harmonic Distortion (1kHz) <0.0008% Frequency response 10Hz – 20kHz ± 0.5dB
• Output Level (0dB) 2.2Vrms unbalanced, 4.5Vrms balanced
• Output Impedance 47Ω unbalanced, 600Ω balanced
• Minimum Recommended Load 5kΩ RMS Jitter < 20 psec
Digital Inputs : Supported sample rates
• Optical 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
• Coaxial 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz Bit depth 16-bit – 32-bit
• USB USB 2.0 High Speed (480Mbps)
• Ethernet 10/100Mbps
• Wireless 802.11b/g/n
• Mains voltage 110–240V, 50–60Hz
• Maximum power consumption 20W
• Standby power consumption
• Network standby power consumption 0.4W
• Dimensions (W x H x D) (including feet and control knob) 433x87x283mm
• Weight (net) 5.3kg
• Weight (gross) 7.3kg