The Arcam SA20 is without a doubt one of the best value for money integrated amplifiers on the market. Incredible power and clarity being produced by that patented Class G amp combined with a variety of analogue and digital inputs at an affordable cost is a combination sure to please all.
The design of the HDA range draws upon all of Arcam’s experience as one of the UK’s most respected audio companies, to produce Arcam’s best performing range of audio products yet – using the best quality components and engineering practices, the HDA range is designed and built to give you years of listening enjoyment.
What is Class G?
There are two frequent problems with hi-fi amplifiers. Class A, the traditional audiophile’s choice, uses a single power supply constantly running at full capacity, even when there’s no signal coming through. Great for reproducing those subtle details at low levels however struggles to provide extreme power when needed.
Class A/B, the most common amp class, switches between the two internal amplifiers, one for each half of the waveform. Far more efficient but often a recipe for crossover distortion, since those low-level details we crave can get lost within any mis-match between the two switching over.
Class G is essentially a hybrid amplifier, utilising Class A specifically for low-level signals, but when required switching in an additional power supply to power those larger sections of the waveform.
• Class G amplification for impeccable sound and efficiency
• 90W of power per channel
• 5 analogue inputs including phono
• 3 digital inputs 32-bit DAC,Sabre ESS9038K2M
• Full I/P control
• Total harmonic distortion + noise = 0.003%
Continuous power output (0.5% THD), per channel:
• Both channels, 8Ω, 20Hz—20kHz 90W
• Both channels, 4Ω, at 1kHz 150W
• Harmonic distortion, 80% power, 8Ω at 1kHz 0.002%
• Input sensitivity at 1kHz 5mV
• Input impedance 47kΩ + 100pF
• Frequency response (ref. RIAA curve) 20Hz – 20kHz ± 1dB
• Signal/Noise ratio (A-wtd) 50W, ref. 5mV input 80dB
• Overload margin, ref. 5mV at 1kHz 21dB
• Nominal sensitivity 1V Input impedance 10kΩ
• Maximum input 6Vrms
• Frequency response 20Hz – 20kHz ± 0.2dB
• Signal/Noise ratio (A-wtd) 50W, ref. 1V input 106dB
• DAC ESS9038K2M
• Frequency response 20Hz - 20kHz ± 0.05dB
• Total harmonics distortion + Noise 0.0007%
• Signal/Noise ratio (A-wtd) 115dB
• Supported sample rates
• Optical 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
• Coaxial 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz Bit depth 16-bit – 24-bit
• Nominal output level 630mV
• Output impedance 230Ω
• Headphone output
• Maximum output level into 600Ω 5Vrms
• Output impedance 1Ω
• Load range 16Ω – 2kΩ
• Mains voltage 110–120V or 220–240V, 50–60Hz
• Maximum power consumption 500W
• Dimensions W x H x D (including feet, control knob and speaker terminals) 433x87x323mm
• Weight (net) 9.2kg
• Weight (gross) 11.1kg