Vacuum Tube Integrated Stereo Amplifier, 75 Watts per channel, remote control.
Building on the success of the VSi60, which has won amplifier-of-the-year awards in at least four countries and continues to sell well, we are pleased to introduce a vacuum tube integrated amplifier that takes power, performance, and esthetics to a much higher level, the VSi75.
The VSi75 does not replace the VSi60, it offers a significant step up in every meaningful way. The VSi75 provides 50% more power, with a muscular 75 watts per channel, from an all-silver chassis of the same dimensions as the VSi60. There is a natural anodized top plate through which the tubes project, like other VS-series amplifiers. Chassis corners are smooth and seamless, and the VSi75 has a new, low profile, anodized front panel containing six silver metal buttons for Power, Mute, Volume Up, Volume Down, Bias, and Input. A new LCD displays the Input, Volume, Stereo/Mono, and Operate/Mute. Numerals are green, with letters in white. And, the LCD will display the bias reading of each tube, making it easy to set the bias without a separate meter.
There is a silver perforated cover over the transformers and filter caps, extending to the back of the chassis. An optional cover for the tubes will be available at extra cost. The back of the VSi75 has five sets of single-ended RCA inputs, Tape Monitor (fixed level) RCA outputs, 0-4-8-ohm, gold-plated brass five-way speaker binding posts, and a 15-amp IEC connector for the supplied power cord. The metal remote that comes with the VSi75 controls all of the front panel functions, plus display brightness and tube hours. Something else to be appreciated is an entirely new volume control; although it has 103 visible steps like our other volume readouts, the gradation of the steps is much finer, especially at low levels.
The tube complement is the same as the latest VSi60, with four KT120 output tubes (one pair per channel) and two 6H30 driver tubes. Performance-wise, the VSi75 is in an entirely different league for a number of reasons. It has a new power transformer that was designed around the KT120 output tube. The VSi75's wide bandwidth output transformers are the same as those in the remarkable Reference 75, and we also incorporate some key REF75 parts including proprietary coupling caps. And, we doubled the bulk power supply caps.
The resulting sound from these cumulative improvements is striking, with tremendous resolution of detail, silky and extended highs, surprising weight and authority, and the ability to develop an immense sound stage. The VSi75 sounds very much like the amp from which it borrows, the REF75, with an immediacy, delicacy and focus that are captivating. Couple it with a great source like the REFCD9, which it deserves, and you will be euphoric.
- Power output: 75 watts per channel continuous from 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Power bandwidth (-3dB points): 12Hz to 70kHz.
- Frequency response (-3dB points at 1 watt): 1.0Hz to 70 kHz.
- Input sensitivity: 0.55V RMS Single-ended for rated output. (32.5dB gain into 8 ohms.)
- Input impedance: 52.5K ohms Single-ended.
- Output taps: 8 ohms, 4 ohms
- Output regulation: Approximately 2dB 8 ohm load to open circuit.
- Overall negative feedback: 4dB
- Damping factor Approximately: 4
- Slew rate: 10 volts/microsecond
- Rise time: 4 microseconds
- Hum & noise Less than: 1.0 mV RMS -88dB below rated output (IHF weighted, Vol down).
- Power supply energy storage: Approximately 350 joules.
- Power requirements: 200-250VAC 50Hz 400 watts at rated output, 600 watts maximum, 210 watts at "idle': 1.0 watt power off.
- Tube complement: (2) Matched pairs KT120 - Power Output; (2) 6H30 driver.
- Other Power Supplies: Electronically regulated Low and High voltage supplies for input stages. Automatic 40 sec. warm-up/brown- out mute.
- Inputs (5): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (Single Ended RCA connectors).
- Maximum Input: 10V RMS (any input).
- Output Polarity: Non-Inverting (any input).
- Push Buttons: Volume up, Volume down (103 steps), Power, Input, Mute, Bias. All functions on IR remote control.
- Dimensions: 36.8 cm W x 23.5 cm H x 41.3 cm D
- Weight: 16.5 kg