Caching Music Server
Aurender's N10 Caching Music Server features 4TB of storage for local files and a 240Gb SSD for streaming music.
Full Range of Digital Audio Outputs and Ports for Network Connectivity
Designed to be matched with high performance digital-to-analog converters, the Aurender N10 is equipped with various SPDIF outputs (BNC, AES/EBU, coaxial, optical) and one dedicated USB Audio Class 2.0 output. For network connectivity and file transfers, the N10 comes with one a Gigabyte Ethernet port and two USB 2.0 data ports.
Oven-Controlled Crystal Oscillator (OCXO) for long-term jitter reduction
OCXOs are among the most accurate and stable clocks in use today, and are orders of magnitude more accurate and stable than commonly used ordinary crystal oscillators usually found in computers. Temperature changes cause crystal oscillations to fluctuate, which can lead to jitter in the digital audio signal. Moreover, ordinary crystals are much less stable and lose accuracy over time. In OCXO clocks, a very stable, high-grade crystal oscillator is enclosed in a compartment and kept at a constant temperature to prevent jitter from temperature fluctuations.
FPGA-based All Digital Phase-Locked Loop System
An All Digital Phase-Locked Loop system (ADPLL) incorporating Field-Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA) with OCXO clocks precisely times digital audio data transmissions and minimizes jitter to below negligible levels
4TB Hard Disk Drive Storage with Solid-State Drive Cache for Playback
Two internal hard drives provide 4TB of storage and a 240G solid-state drive is used to cache music for playback. If a selected song or album is already cached to the solid-state drive, the hard drive will remain asleep. This minimizes wear and tear on the hard drive. By caching songs to the solid-state drive for playback, electrical and acoustic noise resulting from spinning disks, moving heads and motors are also completely eliminated.
On-the-fly precision DSD to PCM Conversion by FPGA
Designed to be used with high performance digital-to-analog converters, the Aurender N10 is the only Music Player to support on-the-fly precision DSD to PCM conversion by FPGA.
With 4TB of (2TBx2) internal hard disk drives and one 240GB solid-state drive cache for playback, the N10 is the perfect solution for even the most extensive high resolution music collections.
- Compatible Formats DSD(DSF, DFF), WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, M4A, APE and others
- Bit and Sample Rates SPDIF : Up to 24-bit, 192kHz (PCM); 1-bit, 2.8MHz (DSD64)
- USB : Depends on the DAC specifications (PCM);
- 1-bit, 2.8MHz (DSD64); 1-bit, 5.6MHz (DSD128)
- User Software: Aurender Conductor iPad App, Android App (Lite Version)
- Solid-State Drive: 1 x 240 GB
- Hard Disk Drives: 4TB (2 x 2TB)
- SPDIF Clocking: FPGA-based All Digital Phase Locked Loop
- Audio Clock: OCXO
- Digital Audio Outputs: 1 coaxial, 1 optical, 1 AES/EBU, 1 BNC, 1 USB Audio Class 2.0
- Digital I/O: 1 Gigabit LAN, 2 x USB 2.0
- CPU Board: Proprietary Aurender Board
- Main Memory: 4GB
- Finish: Silver or Black
- Dimensions: 430mm x 83mm x 353mm
- Weight: 12kgs