Reference Music Server.
Designed to be used with the best digital-to-analog converters, the Aurender W20 supports external word clocks often used in studios, along with dual-wire AES mode used by many reference digital-to-analog converters to separate transmission of left and right channels for utmost fidelity.
The Aurender W20 supports up to 24-bit, 192kHz playback on the SPDIF outputs and is compatible with DSD (DSF, DFF), WAV, FLAC, AIFF and other major formats. With 6TB of storage on two internal hard disk drives and one 240GB solid-state drive cache for playback, the W20 is the perfect solution for high resolution music collections.
In digital audio, jitter and noise in the audio signal can seriously affect the performance of digital-to-analog converters. The Aurender W20 is the world's first music player to completely eliminate noise from AC power supplies and AC mains through the use of LiFePO4 (LFP) batteries to power audio components.
An FPGA-based All Digital Phase Locked Loop system with an Oven-Controlled Crystal Oscillator (OCXO) clock is used to maintain jitter to below negligible levels and specially designed circuitry provides clean noise-free power to the dedicated USB digital audio output.
A solid-state drive cache for playback and extensive shielding using thick aluminum partitions also minimize and eliminate the many types of jitter and noise associated with the use of disk drives for playback.
Full Range of Digital Audio Outputs and I/O Ports
Designed to be matched with high performance digital-to-analog converters, the Aurender W20 is equipped with various SPDIF outputs (BNC, AES/EBU, coaxial, optical) and one dedicated USB Audio Class 2.0 output. For network connectivity and file transfers, the W20 comes with one Gigabyte Ethernet port and two USB 2.0 data ports.
Aurender App with Convenient Features
The Aurender App turns the iPad into a versatile user interface for Aurender Music Players. All settings and functions of the Aurender Music Player can be easily accessed through the Settings menu, and the Aurender App comes with extensive features to make managing, viewing and playing high resolution music collections a breeze.
- User Software: Aurender App for iPad/iPad Mini
- Supported Audio Formats: DSD* (DSF, DFF), WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, APE, MP4, others
- Bit and Sampling Rates: SPDIF: up to 24-bit, 192kHz (PCM); 1-bit, 2.8MHz (DSD64), USB: Same as DAC specifications (PCM); 1-bit, 2.8MHz (DSD64); 1-bit, 5.6MHz (DSD128)
- Solid-State Drive: 1 x 240GB
- Hard Disk Drives: 2 x 3TB (2 x 4TB optional upgrade)
- SPDIF Clocking: FPGA-based All Digital Phase Locked Loop
- Audio Clock: OCXO
- Digitial Audio Outputs: 1 coaxial, 1 optical, 2 AES/EBU, 1 BNC, 1 dedicated USB Audio Class 2.0
- Digital I/O: 1 Gigabit LAN, 2 x USB 2.0
- External Word Clock Input: BNC
- Protection Feature: Un-interruptible Power Supply
- Audio Power Supply: LiFePO4 (LFP) Batteries
- CPU Power Supply: Fan-less 100W SMPS
- CPU Board: Proprietary Aurender Board
- Main Memory: 4GB
- HDD Isolation: Floating bracket suspension and machined aluminum enclosure
- Finish: Silver or Black
- Dimensions: 430mm x 106mm x 370mm
- Weight: 19kgs