BRONZE SERIES: PURITY AND PRECISION
Monitor Audio’s story is intertwined with the evolution of their world-famous speaker lines. Driven by top-down innovation and ever more accurate acoustic analysis, each generation has grown in capability, achieving award-winning levels of quality, performance and value with every introduction.
Monitor Audio's restless desire for the most blissful combination of great sound and design at all price points, demands that where possible we share the technology across ranges so that driver designs and analytic tools developed upstream serve to enhance ranges further down. For example, this approach allows the Gold series to benefit from a version of Platinum’s extraordinary C-CAM ribbon tweeter; for Silver to inherit Gold’s ‘dished’ C-CAM driver designs, and similarly for Bronze to absorb the latest refinements in tweeter and driver engineering from the Silver project.
In many ways, Bronze has everything to gain from Monitor Audio’s dynamic forty-year design heritage. Enriched as it is with elements of Platinum, Gold and Silver, the brilliant Bronze series will transcend the expectations of its price class and eclipse even its venerated multi-award winning predecessor Bronze BX.
From the towering Bronze 6, the most complete new Bronze speaker, music and home theatre lovers can appreciate the full-range flavour of our forty-year design heritage. Its deceptively compact cabinet supports two 6 ½” C-CAM bass drivers operating in tandem with a further 6 ½” mid-range unit housed in a dedicated chamber. In this way matching drivers tuned for different roles are able to develop a wonderfully uniform, tonally consistent sound-field involving seismic low bass and richly coherent mid-range detail, which rises in frequency to meet the illuminating resolution of our fabulous Bronze C-CAM tweeter. Here is new Bronze in tooth and claw, alive to its ambitious audiophile design precedents and equipped with a compelling mix of accuracy, scale and dynamics for the highest value music and home theatre audio.
• New C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
• Optimised 6 1/2” mid-range driver featuring concave ‘dished’ C-CAM® cone profile
• Dual 6 1/2" C-CAM® bass and mid-range drivers
• Two and a half way configuration with a differentially tuned acoustic system - higher efficiency and improved low-frequency extension
• HiVe® port technology
• Single bolt-through driver systems for increased cabinet rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
• High-quality crossovers with premium grade Polypropylene film capacitors used throughout
• Rigid 18mm MDF cabinet construction employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity and low cabinet colouration
• Premium quality vinyl veneer finishes in Black Oak, Pearlescent Walnut, and a new White Ash.
Frequency Response: +/- 3dB: 34Hz - 30kHz
Sensitivity (1W@1m): 90 dB
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
Power Handling (RMS): 150 W
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS): 40 - 150 W
Cabinet Design: Bass section - Front/rear bass reflex with HiVe®II Port technology. Sealed mid-range enclosure.
Crossover Frequency: LF: -6dB @ 150Hz, MF/HF: 2.5kHz
Drive Unit Complement: 2 x 165mm (6 ½) C-CAM® bass. 1 x 165mm (6 ½) C-CAM® bass mid-range driver. 1 x 25 mm (1") gold dome C-CAM® tweeter.
External Dimensions: 985 x 185 x 315 (H x W x D mm)
Weight (Individual): 16.6 Kg