High Output Moving Coil Cartridge
The Dynavector 10X series High Output Moving Coil cartridge debuted in 1978 winning the prestigious Design and Engineering Award at the Chicago CES in both 1978 and 1981. The 10X series cartridges are also widely accepted at the benchmark in High Output moving coil cartridge at this price point and beyond.
With the introduction of the new 10X5 High Output moving coil there is no doubt Dynavector will retain this enviable position and again set the standard for high output moving coil cartridges.
The 10X5 now features Dynavector's unique magnetic flux damping and softened magnetism (patent) along with powerful Neodymium magnet that combine to eliminate any hardness or irritating edginess that commonly occurs in many moving coil cartridges.
Dynavector are also renowned for the capability of winding the finest coil assemblies. This has enabled them to minutely increase the coil wire diameter of the 10X5 to achieve a reduction of impedance to 150 ohms whilst retaining a healthy 2.5mV output. This also ensures both a rugged and reliable circuitry.
The 10X5 also features a newly designed Aluminium head block with M2.5 thread to provide a rigid platform for the cartridge motor and secure fixing to the tonearm.
In the October 2003 issue of Stereophile, Art Dudley called the Dynavector 10x5 a great all-around cartridge that will give you what you're looking for at a bargain price. His exact words were, "Wildly, highly recommended!"
- Type: High output moving coil cartridge with flux damper and softened magnetism
- Output Voltage: 2.5mV (at 1KHz, 5cm/sec.)
- Channel Separation: 25 dB (at 1KHz)
- Channel balance: 1.0 dB (at 1KHz)
- Frequency response: 20 - 20,000Hz (± 2dB)
- Compliance:12 x 10-6 cm/dyn
- Tracking force: 1.8 - 2.2 grams
- DC resistance: R=150 ohms
- Recommended load impedance>1K ohms
- Cantilever: 6mm length aluminium pipe
- Stylus: Elliptical
- Weight: 7.5 grams