While the Kaitaki preamplifier mates aesthetically and musically with the Plinius P10 power amplifier this exciting preamplifier is the perfect partner for the Plinius SA103 power amplifier used either as a stereo amplifier or in a monoblock configuration.
Visible controls on the Kaitaki are the rotary volume knob and source selection buttons with all other functions driven from the distinctive Plinius remote control. LED indicators on the front panel display demonstrate the source selected and status of the mute, phase and HT bypass functions.
The Kaitaki will allow the connection of up to 5 source components including both balanced and single ended connection for CD. A processor loop allows integration with a home theatre system and output is available from RCA or XLR connectors. The optional adjustable phono stage model allows enjoyment of vinyl at a sophisticated level without the need to purchase a specialised phono preamplifier.
The electronics topography is derived in part from development work done on circuits for our later generation integrated amplifiers and source components, and a power supply with extremely low impedance allows the audio circuitry to deliver its best.
Optional Phono Stage
- The preamplifier can be fitted with an optional phono stage based on the Hautonga design. The Phono has two gain settings and five loading settings to allow for suitable cartridge matching.
- The Line out provides a line level output, carrying the selected source signal. The Line Out allows for the signal to go on to recording equipment, headphone amplifiers or sub-woofer speakers.
Remote Trigger Input and Output
- Terminals for remote trigger connection allow a processor signal to bypass the preamplifier stage or instigate the power amp to come out of standby.
- The RC5 input allows for connection to wired remote interfaces so it can be used as part of an automated system.
Ground Lift Switch
- This allows for the signal ground to be isolated from the main chassis earth. This can assist in resolving unwanted ground loops or hum due to duplicate ground paths in some systems.
- Audience AV supply the Auricap XO capacitors used in key areas of the circuit. The Auricap was chosen for its superior clarity and dynamic ability.
- Audience AV supply the Auric OFC wire used in the input stage of the amplifier. The Auric was chosen for its high workability and natural sound.
- The aluminium lid and panels provide a non-magnetic cover to reduce unwanted magnetic fields that can interfere with the sensitive audio signals.
- 20Hz to 20kHz +/- 0.2dB
SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO
- -80dB at rated input level, A weighted
- <0.05% THD at rated input level
- 125mV RMS Unbalanced Inputs
- 62mV RMS Balanced Inputs
- 50k ohms
RATED PRE OUT LEVEL
- 500mV RMS into 10k ohms or higher
PRE OUT MINIMUM RECOMMENDED LOAD
- 47k ohms
LINE OUT LEVEL
- 190mV at 200 ohms
OUTPUT SOURCE IMPEDENCE
- Typically 100 ohms
- Line Ampilfier: 12dB
- 0.10A (23W) idle/standby
- 60dB, 66dB
- 47k ohms, 470 ohms, 100 ohms, 47 ohms, 22 ohms
- Height: 105mm (4")
- Width: 450mm (17.5")
- Depth: 400mm (15.75")
- Weight: 9kg (20lbs)