The Koru phono preamplifier is presented in the Ross Stevens inspired curved chassis, with a slight twist. The chassis is actually two-in-one, allowing physical separation of the power supply from the amplification circuitry.
The power supply boasts a virtual battery approach with over 100,000 micro Farads of capacitance and very sophisticated 2 stage regulation. This ensures the lowest impedance and consequently extreme accuracy of power delivery to the amplification stages.
The amplification and equalisation uses the latest components ensuring accuracy and longevity. Low output moving coil cartridges as well as higher output moving magnet types can be used and there is a full range of user adjustments available on the rear panel.
Both Single Ended and Balanced Output signals are catered for and with passive high frequency and active low frequency equalisation the Koru Phono Preamplifier will maintain stability and finesse no matter what type of music you enjoy.
Handling the original analogue signal from the vinyl with modern electronics components and layout techniques is a satisfying way to mix the old and new technology for a listening session with your favourite artists.
Isolated Power Supply
- As well as careful attention to the signal layout, the power supply is physically isolated from the sensitive audio circuits. Having the power supply not only distanced from the audio, but also in a separated enclosure leads to a clear and open reproduction of the music.
- With over 100,000uF of filter capacitance, the power supply has been referred to as a ‘virtual battery’ approach delivering an incredibly flat, clean and stable supply to the audio circuits.
- High quality Neutrik XLR output connectors ensure a high performance, low distortion interface between your cables and the preamplifier.
- Audience AV supply the Auric OFC wire used in the input stage of the amplifier. The Auric was chosen for its high workability and natural sound.
- Typically <0.01% THD at all levels below clipping
HUM & NOISE
- -80dB at rated input level, A weighted with 5mV input
- RCA Unbalanced
- RCA unbalanced XLR balanced
- 0.03A (7W) Idle/Standby
- User adjustable, 100pF, 570pF
- 50dB, 56dB, 60dB, 66dB
- 47k ohms, 22k ohms, 1k ohms, 470 ohms, 220 ohms, 100 ohms, 47 ohms, 22 ohms
- Height: 90mm (3 1/2")
- Width: 450mm (17 3/4")
- Depth: 400mm (15 3/4")
- Weight: 7kg (15lb)