Clean, quiet, and bulletproof with enormous flexibility, the STEELHEAD is both a tweak-o-holic tube-lover’s dream, and a reviewer’s reference. Two MC inputs have selectable impedance matching via our beautiful Manley-designed and produced autoformers. Resistive load settings for the MM input and any capacitive loading from 0 to 1100pF will mate the STEELHEAD perfectly to any cartridge. Audiophile-grade components are used throughout. VARI outs can drive amps direct. LINE input replaces your preamp. Outboard PSU and RF Remora Remote control included.
This Manley Labs Steelhead has had one owner and is well looked after. This is a fantastic highend phono stage, great if you love that "tubey" sound. Fully adjustable gain, load capacitance and resistence. Unit features 2 Moving Coil inputs, one Moving Magnet and one Line Level input. Can be used as a pre-amp as it has variable output and a volume control.
Comes with box and manuals, can be shipped.
Demo available in the Christchurch showroom, please call ahead to book.
- Vacuum tube complement: 6922 SOVTEK Russian x 2 (gain) plus JAN NOS GE 7044 or 5687 x 4 (output buffers)
- Fuse type and ratings @ 117 VAC operation: 1.5 Amp 3AG slow-blow mains fuse 0.5 Amp 3AG slow-blow logic fuse
- Fuse type and ratings @ 230 VAC operation: 0.75 Amp 3AG slow-blow mains fuse 0.25 Amp 3AG slow-blow logic fuse
- Moving Magnet input impedance: 5-step user adjustable via fixed low-noise resistors. 25, 50, 100, 200 and 47000 Ohms.
- Moving Coil input impedance: 5-step user adjustable via multi-tap autoformer: 25, 50, 100, 200 and 400 Ohms.
- Input Termination Capacitance: Front Panel Selectable in 10 picofarad steps from 10 to 1100 pF (1.1nF) Residual input capacitance less than 40 pF.
- Gain: 4-step user adjustable, 50, 55, 60 and 65 dB active gain at 1 kHz referred to the FIXED output jack into a 10 kOhm load. Additional gain available via the MC input's step-up autoformer. See Owner's Manual for discussion.
- Deviation from RIAA curve: Less than +0.5 / -0.3 dB from 20 Hz to 20 kHz at any gain setting. Typically less than ±1 dB from 10 Hz to 100 kHz
- Inter-channel differential phase: Less than 4 degrees from 20 Hz to 20 kHz at any gain setting. Typically less than 2 degrees.
- Inter-channel differential gain: Less than ±0.5 dB from 20 Hz to 20 kHz at any gain setting.
- Dynamic Range: 101 dB @ 1 kHz, 1% THD measured with 200 Ohm source, 47 kOhm input, @ 55dB Gain 97 dB @ 1 kHz, 0.1% THD
- THD: 0.0042% at 1V output @1kHz
- REMORA RF REMOTE: controls motorised volume control up/down functions; uses 9v battery
- Maximum LINE input level: +30.6dBu @ 1KHz for an output of +29.3dBu @ 0.07% THD 26.5Vrms @ 1KHz for an output of 22.8Vrms @ 0.07% THD
- Maximum Output: +27dBm @ 1KHz with 3% THD into 100 kOhm load
- FIXed Output impedance: 150 Ohms. Minimum suggested load greater than 1500 Ohms.
- VARIable Output impedance: 75 Ohms. Minimum suggested load greater than 600 Ohms.