Stereo DSP Loudspeaker Controller.
THE HEART OF YOUR SYSTEM
Stunning design, uniquely engineered form, and a plethora of high-tech features: that’s what you need in a product worthy of being called ‘the heart of your system’. It’s also a perfect description of the Meridian Audio Core 200.
COMPATIBLE WITH ALL YOUR SOURCES
The Audio Core 200 is a stereo audio controller, designed to unify all your audio sources and form an elegant system with any pair of Meridian DSP Loudspeakers. It forms an easy connection with your CD player, radio tuner, set-top box, games console, media player, PC and more. Not content with that, the Audio Core 200 also contains some of the most powerful audio enhancement technologies in the world. Also fully compatible with Meridian’s Digital Media System and i80 Dock for iPod, the Audio Core 200 is a case-study in high-tech audio design. It is truly equipped to be the heart of your system.
The Audio Core 200 is designed to unify all your sources, and deliver the signal, in pristine condition, to any pair of our DSP Active Loudspeakers. Simple, single-wire connection to the speakers makes it as easy to set-up as its high-tech design and performance are easy to love. Incoming analogue signals are converted to digital at 96kHz sampling, and all inputs are processed using Meridian’s advanced processing tech. This includes our ‘apodising’ filter, which delivers crystalline sound quality and can even clean up the results of poor digital filtering originated at earlier stages of the recording process.
This state-of-the-art audio processing is combined with highly effective treble and bass controls, and a stereo width control that lets you optimise the stereo soundstage relative to the positions of your speakers. Simply widen the soundstage when your speakers need to be closer together, or optimise if for normal conditions when it’s possible to position them farther apart. With nine intelligent, front panel keys, an advanced OLED display and a wide range of connections, it all adds up to a stereo controller worthy of its place at the beating heart of your system.
The ideal hub to unify all of your audio sources, the Audio Core 200 forms an elegant stereo system with any pair of Meridian DSP Loudspeakers.
State-of-the-art design elegance with easy connection with the widest possible range of audio sources – including CD player, radio tuner, set-top box, games console, media player, PC audio (via USB), and a Meridian SpeakerLink input for single-wire connection to a Meridian Digital Media System.
Intelligent front-panel controls with smart buttons for intuitive control, and an auto-dimming OLED display that maintains optimum brightness for readability.
- Outstanding preamplifier quality, with powerful audio enhancement technology, matches exquisite design to the very highest level of audio performance
- Stereo width control, which optimises the stereo soundstage and guarantees a big, open and powerful sound regardless of where you position your speakers
- The Audio Core 200’s intelligent front-panel controls feature smart buttons for intuitive operation, and an auto-dimming OLED display that’s always at the right brightness for maximum readability.
- Connecting to Meridian DSP Digital Active Loudspeakers via SpeakerLink – a simple, single wire – the Audio Core 200 gives direct access to powerful DSP features that enable you to get the best sound in any environment.
TRIPLE FIFO BUFFERING
Each sample of a digital recording must remain evenly spaced in time. Unfortunately, timing can vary, especially when reading discs. This is “jitter”, degrading music's sense of space and diminishing realism. Meridian's multiple “First In, First Out” buffering system minimises jitter, ensuring perfect timing and improved clarity. You enjoy a clearer feeling of the instruments and their interrelationship.
MERIDIAN APODISING FILTER
Filters are critical in digital audio. Commonly they introduce distortion and harshness because of "pre-ringing". Early digital recordings suffer from harshness too, due to primitive filters. After painstaking research, Meridian developed a special filter that avoids pre-ringing, so it can be steeper, cleaning up the effects of early filters. The result: a better, cleaner sound from recordings old and new.
MERIDIAN HIGH RESOLUTION (MHR)
MHR was the first approved encryption method for transferring high definition digital audio between components. Previously, it had to be in the analogue domain, reducing quality. MHR allows secure movement of high resolution digital audio within a Meridian system, without compromise, improving quality by reducing cyclic repetition.
Traditional audio systems often require large, expensive cables to maintain their performance. Meridian's SpeakerLink uses an “Ethernet style” cable that delivers pristine digital sound and control down a single cable between Meridian components. The result is simple, unobtrusive, and cost-effective cables that are easy to install.
- Meridian SpeakerLink (RJ45)
- 2 x S/PDIF coax (phono)
- 2 x 3.5mm combination jack socket for mini-optical or stereo analogue
- 2 x Stereo Analogue (phono)
- USB for use as external computer sound card
- i80 connector (Mini-DIN)
- Twin Meridian SpeakerLink
- (Master & Slave, RJ45) with MHR
- 3.5mm Stereo Headphone out
- (optionally mutes speakers)
- Upsampling to 2xfs (88.2/96 kHz).
- (Output is always high resolution)
- Meridian ‘Apodising’ filter cleans up muddiness in digital recordings
- Allows access to DSP speaker functions such as Treble, Bass, Stereo Width, Loudness, etc
- Nine front-panel keys, five of which are context-defined.
- Large knob for volume control and muting
- IR remote control (included)
- USB connector for serial control and maintenance
- OLED (Organic LED) display with automatic brightness feature (can also be dimmed/brightened/disabled manually)
- 12v DC, <=300mA, provided by external wall-mounted universal supplyFinishHigh gloss black or high gloss white.
- 2.7 kg (6 lbs)
- 280 x 280 x 91mm (11 x 11 x 3.6 in)
- including feet but not including control knob (WHD)