HDMI Audio Processor (For use with Meridian Surround Sound Controllers).
The Meridian HD621 HDMI Audio Processor is the vital link between your Meridian system and the latest sources, such as Blu-ray Disc®, satellite/TV receivers and gaming consoles with HDMI outputs.
Many components supply both audio and video via the same HDMI cable, which compromises quality. The HD621 separates the HDMI signal from up to six sources into its audio and video elements, maximising the audio quality and delivering it to your Meridian system free of video pollution, while the video content is fed direct to the display via a single cable, eliminating additional switching.
The HD621 integrates multiple HDMI sources – including those with 3D video – seamlessly into your Meridian system. So seamlessly, in fact, there's even a programmable lip-sync delay to be sure sound and picture remain in perfect synchronisation – one of the most important details in a quality video experience.
The HD621 performs up- and down-sampling of digital audio and includes Meridian's unique apodising system to ensure the very best sound from today's varied sources. Meridian's highest-performance FIFO buffering technology removes HDMI jitter, consistently delivering a significant improvement in audio quality from all your HDMI sources.
If you want to expand your Meridian experience to include the latest audio and video components, the HD621 forms the vital link.
- Six-input HDMI switch.
- HDMI video output.
- Extracts up to eight channels of high-resolution audio from the HDMI data stream, supplying them to separate audio-only outputs.
- Connects HDMI audio direct to a Meridian system.
- Smartlink coaxial digital audio output (up to 8 channels).
- Multichannel Meridian High Resolution (MMHR): balanced digital audio output via RJ45/Cat 5 cable (up to 8 channels).
- Up and down-sampling of digital audio.
- Audio FIFO buffering and resolution enhancement improves PCM audio received via HDMI.
- Lip-sync control compensates for latency resulting from external digital video processing.
- Keeps HDMI video signals away from your audio equipment, minimising signal degradation.
- Power input (IEC connector)
- DB9M Sub RS232 serial connector
- BNC and DIN Meridian Comms
- Six HDMI input sockets
- HDMI output
- 8-channel MMHR digital audio out (RJ45)
- 8-channel coax digital audio out (4 x phono)
- FORM FACTOR: 1U 19in rack mounting or free-standing
- POWER: Internal universal power supply, 100–250V AC, Maximum power consumption: 40W