Meridian Sooloos Media Core 200 Digital Music Streaming System.
The Meridian Media Core 200 is an elegant and compact Meridian Sooloos Digital Media System that requires only your choice of controller to bring it to life. It can be operated by any of the network-based control systems available, including the iPad or iPhone App, a computer running the Control PC or Control Mac application, or a Meridian Sooloos controller such as the Control 15.
At the heart of the Media Core 200 is a 1TB hard drive, storing around 2,000 CD albums in pristine lossless quality for graphical and touch-screen access via the award-winning Sooloos interface.
Digital and analogue outputs
The Media Core 200 provides a single audio zone which is available digitally via Meridian SpeakerLink and S/PDIF, and also via analogue outputs delivering fixed 2V peak-to-peak or variable output levels. It can thus easily be connected with a single SpeakerLink cable to a Meridian audio system, or via any standard stereo input on a conventional analogue or digital system.
Once connected to a Meridian system via SpeakerLink, the Media Core 200 immediately assumes the role of a Source for Meridian communication protocols, allowing full integration with the Meridian system for control as well as audio, for example allowing centralised control of system volume.
The Media Core 200 also acts as a Core component in a Meridian Sooloos system, automatically locating and integrating itself with other Meridian Sooloos components and stored libraries found on the same network, and ensuring full interoperability.
The cabinet of the Media Core 200 is unusual for a Meridian device in that it is mounted vertically. This is so that the unit can operate without the use of a fan, employing only convection cooling. This minimizes the noise level of the Media Core 200 and as a result allows it to be placed almost anywhere convenient, such as within the listening area. The rear panel of the unit is recessed to hide cable entry.
The Media Core 200 is designed to operate as part of a stand-alone system, with connection to an audio system and to an Ethernet network (Internet connection is required for functions such as Internet Radio and Rhapsody®). However you can add the Media Source 200 Zone Player to build a more complex system.
- Just add your choice of controller – iPad, iPhone, computer or other Meridian controller
- Internal storage for around 2000 CD albums in full lossless quality, via an internal 1TB drive
- Connect Media Core 200 to the Internet to manage and enjoy streamed audio services
- Import your existing digital music library, for example from iTunes®, using free Meridian software tools
- Full integration with Meridian audio systems. Can also be networked to any other Meridian streaming product, adding extra storage or zones
- Media Core 200 is extremely simple to connect and set up
- Fanless operation for minimum noise level, so it can be located anywhere, including within your listening area
- Consistent home friendly design, including recessed rear panel that hides cable entry
- Download the Meridian Music Streaming catalogue here.
- Network Interface: 1x Ethernet (RJ45)
- Audio Connections: Meridian SpeakerLink (RJ45), 1x S/PDIF coaxial digital output, RCA type, Analogue stereo (RCA type), 2V P-P or variable level.
- Other Connections: 2x USB expansion connectors for WindowsMedia Centre compatible IR receiver for MSR+ operation and connection of a compatible WiFi receiver.
- Audio Processing: Ultra-stable clock for lowest possible jitter, Meridian's apodising upsampling filter provides ultimate digital performance
- Power: 12v DC, <=36W, provided by external in-line universal supply
- Fanless, silent operation
- Dimensions: 93 x 264 x 253 inc feet (WHD)
- Finish : Bead-blasted and anodised aluminium
- iPad not included.