50w Integrated Stereo Amplifier with Airplay.
The Monitor Audio A100 blends true audiophile sound quality with 21st century technology and style. It’s able to drive all but the largest of speakers by generating fifty watts of powerful Class A/B amplification per channel. Class A/B is a purely analogue amplifier design used in the best high-end audio amplifiers. Whichever source you choose, the A100 will render the sound with astonishing scale, detail and drama.
The breadth of analogue and digital input options available from the A100 provides virtually unlimited system compatibility. It can be used on its own, or as part of an audio/TV based system providing great sound for TV channels and games as well as legacy support for formats such as CD. If smaller speakers are used, add bass punch with a subwoofer connected to the A100’s line outputs.
After a simple set up onto your existing Wi-Fi network, you’ll be able to navigate the music collections on your Mac® or PC, iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch®, and stream uncompressed audio to your speakers in any room. Experience Spotify™, Last.FM™ and YouTube, and use the A100 in multiples to deliver the widest choice of online favourites to any number of rooms within network range. Away from a Wi-Fi router, you can still play to the A100 from your iOS device using our Airstream Direct feature.
The A100 also supports DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) streaming, allowing any third party DLNA app for iOS, Android and Windows Phone to be used.
Monitor Audio's first ever amplifier, the Airstream A100 takes centre stage in a What Hi-Fi? Magazine First Test! Right from the start the A100 impresses with sheer performance and versatility:
"This Monitor Audio delivers an unusually wide soundstage and populates it with a decent amount of precision. We're impressed by its refinement too. This quality isn't bought at the expense of treble bite, with the highs being delivered with a good amount of sparkle. The overall tonal balance is nicely even, with no part of the frequency range dominating."
The review concludes with a clear verdict for our AirPlay® Amplifier:
"...we feel the A100 deserves a five-star rating. It's a brave product that performs well and can be used in situations where conventional alternatives wouldn’t even get a look in." What Hi-Fi? Read the full review here.
"DLNA streaming of hi-res files is the cream on the cake, offering incredible scale and depth to recordings such as a 24/192 download of Mozart’s Violin Concerto No.4 in D Major."
"Results with AirPlay are no less impressive, Silent Shout by The Knife proves that bass extension is particularly impressive, underpinning the mid-range and high notes of the synth to perfection." - Hi-Fi Choice Magazine (July 2014).
Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) is a set of networking protocols that permits networked devices and mobile devices to seamlessly discover each other's presence on the network.
Monitor Audio's Airstream Direct function allows you to stream music or movies from any iOS device, or your iTunes library, to our Airstream Direct products without the need for a Router.
Apple AirPlay allows you to stream music or movies from any iOS device, or your iTunes library, to an AirPlay enabled speaker via a WiFI network.
Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) allows any third party DLNA app for iOS, Android and Windows Mobile to be used to stream music and movies to a DLNA enabled device. If you have a router in your home then you have a network and can use DLNA products on it, and if you have wi-fi then you can do it all wirelessly too.
In order to liberate all of your music from a source, the device takes the digital stream to its own high quality 28/56 bit dual precision Digital-Analogue converter (DAC). By keeping data in the digital domain until the last seconds of processing, our engineers have succeeded in preserving the essence of the original digital master.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Loudspeaker Impedance: 4-8 Ohms
- Power output (RMS): 2 x 50 watts
- A.C input voltage: 90-264 V (auto-range)
- Amplifier Category: Class A/B
- Power Consumption: 0.33 watts (Standby), 120 watts Maximum
- Models supported: iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPhone, iPod touch 4G, iPod touch 3G, iPod touch 2G, iPod touch, iPod Nano 7G, iPod Nano 6G, iPod Nano 5G, iPod Nano 4G, iPod Nano 3G, iPod Nano 2G-with iOS 4.3.3 or greater. PC or MAC running iTunes 10.2.2 or greater
- Supported File Formats: AirPlay®: AAC, ALAC, MP3. Airstream Direct: AAC, ALAC, MP3, FLAC
- Server Interoperability: DLNA 1.0/1.5, UPnP 1.0 AV Media Server, AirPlay enabled devices; PC/MAC/iOS
- Wireless network protocol: 802.11 b/g
- Dimensions (H x W x D) Vertically, placed in stand: 32.6 x 9.2 x 26.9 cm
- Dimensions (H x W x D) Laying Horizontally: 5.5 x 35.9 x 20.4 cm
- Colour/Finish: Black
- Weight: 1.9Kgs
- Approvals: ETL / CE / Fcc / CB / Erp / Wi-Fi / Wi-Fi WMM / Apple MFi Certified
- Multi-Zone wire-less integrated stereo amplifier.
- Compatible with Apple AirPlay®.
- Airstream Direct enabled - Router free music.
- USB input for charging and Wi-Fi set up.
- Simple connection to Wi-Fi network using Wi-Fi sharing.
- 2 x 50 Watts Power Output.
- Audiophile quality Class A/B amplifiers.
- Totally silent operation.
- High resolution DAC.
- Software upgrades over Internet via Wi-Fi: future proofed, simple and automatic.
- IR Remote control unit.
- Stereo RCA analogue inputs.
- Stereo RCA pre/ sub-woofer outputs.
- S/PDIF (Digital) optical input.
- DLNA® compatible.
- Vertical or horizontal orientation – Stand included.
- Black finish with contrasting glass side trims.