BRONZE SERIES: PURITY AND PRECISION
Monitor Audio’s story is intertwined with the evolution of their world-famous speaker lines. Driven by top-down innovation and ever more accurate acoustic analysis, each generation has grown in capability, achieving award-winning levels of quality, performance and value with every introduction.
Monitor Audio's restless desire for the most blissful combination of great sound and design at all price points, demands that where possible we share the technology across ranges so that driver designs and analytic tools developed upstream serve to enhance ranges further down. For example, this approach allows the Gold series to benefit from a version of Platinum’s extraordinary C-CAM ribbon tweeter; for Silver to inherit Gold’s ‘dished’ C-CAM driver designs, and similarly for Bronze to absorb the latest refinements in tweeter and driver engineering from the Silver project.
In many ways, Bronze has everything to gain from Monitor Audio’s dynamic forty-year design heritage. Enriched as it is with elements of Platinum, Gold and Silver, the brilliant Bronze series will transcend the expectations of its price class and eclipse even its venerated multi-award winning predecessor Bronze BX.
The most accurate of any Monitor Audio Bronze generation mini, imbuing the design with true ‘monitor’ status. The 5.5” bass driver has been created to out-perform a larger conventional driver and results in a cleaner, more dynamic delivery, even at high power levels. The Bronze Ones are able to play much louder and deeper than their compact size would suggest from close-to-wall positions in smaller room environments. Perfect for stand or shelf, or wall-mounted using Monitor Audio's Universal Wall Bracket (UWB), the Bronze 1's will deliver great sound where space is at a premium.
• New C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
• New 5 ½” bass driver with ‘dished’ C-CAM® cone profile
• HiVe® port technology
• Single bolt-through driver systems for increased cabinet rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
• High-quality crossovers with premium grade Polypropylene film capacitors used throughout
• Rigid 18mm MDF cabinet construction employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity and low cabinet colouration
• Premium quality vinyl veneer finishes in Black Oak, Pearlescent Walnut, and a new White Ash.
• ¼” x 20 TPI thread for wall mount bracket options (optional Universal wall mount bracket – UWB)
Frequency Response: +/- 3dB: 55Hz - 30kHz
Sensitivity (1W@1m): 88 dB
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
Power Handling (RMS): 70 W
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS): 15 - 70 W
Cabinet Design: Bass reflex. HiVe®II port technology
Crossover Frequency: 2.7 kHz
Drive Unit Complement: 1 x 140mm (5 1/2") C-CAM® bass mid-range driver. 1 x 25mm (1") gold dome C-CAM® tweeter
External Dimensions: 260 x 165 x 205 mm (H x W x D)
Weight (Individual): 3.5 Kg