Bookshelf Speakers (Pair)
The Monitor Audio Bronze 2 builds on the strength of its predecessor’s audiophile cred with a neutral tonal balance and high detail resolution combined with high overall efficiency and power handling. These are the perfect ingredients for compelling listening. Armed with a larger 6.5” C-CAM bass driver and front-firing HiVe® port, the turbo-charged Two is capable of effortless dynamic scale and presence, revealing all the dramatic contrast in music and cinema sound. For a speaker of its size, the Two will deliver breath-taking results mounted on a stand and placed up to 8” (20cm) from a wall.
“For their size, these speakers dig deep in the bass; they’re tonally balanced and impressively detailed too. Add fine build and Monitor Audio’s usual high standard of finish and there’s much to applaud here.”
“Previous generations of Bronze 2s were class leaders. As it turns out, this one is too.” - What Hi-Fi? (July 2015). Full review here.
- New C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
- New 6 ½” bass driver with ‘dished’ C-CAM® cone profile
- HiVe® port technology
- Single bolt-through driver systems for increased cabinet rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- HiVe®II port technology to speed the transit of air from the cabinet, resulting in more dynamic bass.
- High quality crossovers with premium grade Polypropylene film capacitors used throughout
- Rigid 18mm MDF cabinet construction employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity and low cabinet coloration
- Invisible magnetic grille fixing
- Bi-wire/Bi-amp terminal configuration
- Premium quality vinyl veneer finishes in Black Oak, Pearlescent Walnut, and a new White Ash.
- Frequency Response +/- 3dB: 42Hz - 30kHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1m): 90 dB
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Power Handling (RMS): 100 W
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS): 30 - 100 W
- Cabinet Design: Front ported bass reflex. HiVe®II port technology
- Crossover Frequency: 3.1kHz
- Drive Unit Complement: 1 x 165mm (6 1/2") C-CAM® bass mid-range driver
- 1 x 25mm (1") gold dome C-CAM® tweeter
- External Dimensions: 350 x 185 x 255 mm (H x W x D)
- Weight (Individual): 5.3 Kg
- Available in Walnut, Black Oak and White Ash finishes.