Floorstanding Speakers (Pair)
The slender Monitor Audio Bronze 5 delivers powerful, responsive bass lines that belie its stealthy appearance and surpass those of many much larger towers. Its 5 1/2” C-CAM® bass driver and 5 1/2” C-CAM® bass/mid driver are arranged in a two and half way system configuration, operating in separate acoustic chambers with front and rear firing HiVe ports to provide differential tuning for higher efficiency and greater low frequency extension. The Bronze Five’s low-distortion architecture expertly combines clean, expressive mid and high frequencies with punchy room-filling bass lines delivering a naturally rhythmic and addictive blend of large-scale dynamics and detail from a surprisingly unobtrusive tower.
"We play Taxi Driver on Blu-ray and are immediately struck by the film’s jazz accompaniment. Instruments are brilliantly organised and offered a generous amount of space in which to breathe, but most of all they are expressive and terrifically rhythmic."
"When Bernard Herrmann’s score is realised like this, it highlights Robert de Niro’s own improvisational delivery, giving purpose to the false starts and broken sentences."
"The sound dates the film as much as the flared trousers, but the package doesn’t hide behind that. Voices are clear, warm and expressive, there is depth to sounds such as the fizz of Travis’s Alka-Seltzer and real attack to the gunshots."
"This is a reasonably-priced speaker package, but that doesn’t restrict it from exploring the nuances of a dejected, lonely film." - What Hi-Fi? Read review here.
The Monitor Audio Bronze 5 5.1 package is comprised from the following products;
- 1pr Bronze 5 Floorstanding Speakers
- 1 x Bronze W10 Subwoofer
- 1 x Bronze Centre
- 1pr Bronze FX Surround Speakers
- New C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
- Twin 5 1/2" C-CAM® bass and mid-range drivers
- Single bolt-through driver systems for increased overall bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- HiVe® port technology
- High quality crossovers with premium grade Polypropylene film capacitors used throughout
- Rigid 18mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity resulting in low cabinet coloration
- Floor-level terminal panel for easy termination and neat cable access. Bi-wire/ Bi-amp terminal configuration
- Premium quality vinyl veneer finishes
- Frequency Response +/- 3dB: 37Hz - 30kHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1m): 90 dB
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Power Handling (RMS): 120 W
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS): 30 - 120 W
- Cabinet Design: Dual chamber bass reflex – Ported front and rear. HiVe®II port technology
- Drive Unit Complement:1 x 140mm (5 1/2") C-CAM® bass. 1 x 140mm (5 1/2") C-CAM® bass mid-range driver. 1 x 25 mm (1") gold dome C-CAM® tweeter.
- Crossover Frequency: LF: -6dB @ 600Hz, MF/HF: 2.8kHz
- External Dimensions: 850 x 165 x 248 (H x W x D mm)
- Weight (Individual): 11 Kg (24 lbs)