Centre Speaker (Each)
By sharing the New Bronze acoustic and aesthetic design ethos, the compact Monitor Audio Bronze Centre is the natural partner for Bronze left/right speakers in a home theatre LCR array. It features twin 5 1/2” C-CAM® bass/mid-range drivers straddling a Bronze C-CAM tweeter for pin-point synergy with its satellite partners producing seamless front soundstage action and articulate dialogue.
"We play Taxi Driver on Blu-ray and are immediately struck by the film’s jazz accompaniment. Instruments are brilliantly organised and offered a generous amount of space in which to breathe, but most of all they are expressive and terrifically rhythmic."
"When Bernard Herrmann’s score is realised like this, it highlights Robert de Niro’s own improvisational delivery, giving purpose to the false starts and broken sentences."
"The sound dates the film as much as the flared trousers, but the package doesn’t hide behind that. Voices are clear, warm and expressive, there is depth to sounds such as the fizz of Travis’s Alka-Seltzer and real attack to the gunshots."
"This is a reasonably-priced speaker package, but that doesn’t restrict it from exploring the nuances of a dejected, lonely film." - What Hi-Fi? Read review here.
The Monitor Audio Bronze 5 5.1 package is comprised from the following products;
- Frequency Response +/- 3dB: 60Hz - 30kHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1m): 90 dB
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Power Handling (RMS): 120 W
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS): 20 - 120 W
- Cabinet Design: Sealed Cabinet
- Drive Unit Complement: 2 x 140mm (5 1/2") C-CAM® bass mid-range driver.
- 1 x 25 mm (1") gold dome C-CAM® tweeter
- Crossover frequency: 3.0 kHz
- External Dimensions:(H x W x D) 165 x 460 x 193 mm
- Weight (Individual): 5.6 Kg
- Dual 5 1/2” bass/midrange drivers with concave ‘dished’ C-CAM® cone profile
- Acoustically matched to Bronze speaker systems for excellent imaging and consistency of timbre in surround applications
- Single bolt-through driver systems, for increased overall bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- High quality crossovers with premium grade Polypropylene film capacitors used throughout
- Rigid 18mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity resulting in low cabinet coloration
- Invisible magnetic grille fixing
- Premium quality vinyl veneer finishes