Purer and more bewitching than ever, Monitor Audio's Gold 4G range refines the technology of its award-winning GX predecessor to set a new gold standard for Monitor Audio's celebrated high-end speaker line. Equipped with optimised drivers and empowered by the production quality of Monitor Audio's world-beating Platinum flagship range, gilt-edged Gold turns another page in the story of Monitor Audio’s audiophile speaker family.
Developing the legacy of three award-winning generations, eight new dedicated stereo, centre channel, surround and subwoofer models share a trinity of enhancements including an evolution of the C-CAM Rigid Surface Technology (RST) bass cone employed by their Gold GR and Gold GS predecessors; tighter production tolerances for their advanced C-CAM ribbon tweeters, and a smarter more functional grille design. Energised by these upgrades our new Gold range offers greater transparency, consistency and visual sophistication to devotees of sound and style everywhere, leaving you simply to choose the system that’s right for your room.
The 100 is a larger two-way stand-mount speaker featuring a 6.5” RST bass driver and C-CAM ribbon. Operating with the performance of a typical 8” driver, our proprietary 6.5” design provides higher overall efficiency with dynamic headroom to deliver impressive bass extension and control. The 100’s uncomplicated 2-way configuration renders complex material with tonal accuracy and perfect timing. Optional, dedicated floor stands are available.
• C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) ribbon transducer design – providing extension to a class leading 60 kHz
• HiVe II port technology for better transient response and tighter bass
• C-CAM RST (Rigid Surface Technology) bass/mid-range driver
• Single bolt through driver fixings for improved bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
• Die-cast alloy terminal panel arrangement with high quality bi-wire terminals and high end spade type link cables
• Pureflow silver internal cabling
• Selected premium quality wood veneer or high gloss lacquer finishes
• Rigid 20 mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity resulting in low cabinet colouration
• Invisible magnetic grille fixings provide a sleek visual effect.
Frequency Response: - 6dB: 42Hz - 60kHz
Sensitivity (1W@1m): 88 dB
Maximum SPL: 112.6 dBA (Pair)
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
Power Handling (RMS): 120 W
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS): 60 - 120 W
Cabinet Design: Bass reflex. HiVe®II port technology
Crossover Frequency: 2.7kHz
Drive Unit Complement: 1 x 6 ½ " RST bass/mid driver, 1 x C-CAM high-frequency transducer
External Dimensions: 362 x 210 x 330 (H x W x D mm)
Weight (Individual): 9.9 Kg