Centre Speaker (Each)
The ultra-compact Monitor Audio GX150 centre speaker is small enough to fit into most AV racks and is designed to match the smaller GX speakers in a more bijou home theatre setup. However, because it shares its tonal characteristics with all GX models, its capabilities are also compatible with any GX system design. The GX150's lustrous sealed cabinet is home to twin 5.5" drivers and the GX ribbon in a two and half way configuration, providing superior dispersion across a range from 55Hz to 60kHz. The specialised high frequency ribbon offers exceptional detail and vocal intelligibility, enhancing communication with the listener.
Canada HiFi gives their verdict on the Gold GX Series with an excellent review.
Here's a snippet taken from the full review "First up was the Rolling Stones Shine a Light concert Blu-ray, Martin Scorsese's take on what a Stones concert disc should look like. The track "As Tears Go By" opens with Keith Richards playing an amazing 12 string acoustic guitar lick and I've honestly never heard it sound this good on any home theatre system. The Monitor Audio speakers delivered the richness of the doubled-up guitar strings with fullness in the mid frequencies and an amazing bell-like quality in the higher octaves. The depth and texture of this presentation was as close as I've heard from a real 12 string guitar. When Richards strummed full chords, the strings rang in a perfect union, yet at the same time I could hear the distinct sound of each string." - Read full review here.
Stand sold separately.
- System Format: 2 Way
- Frequency Response: 55 Hz - 60 kHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1M): 89 dB
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Maximum S.P.L (Per pair in room): 111.5 dBA
- Power Handling (RMS): 150 W
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS): 100 - 150 W
- Bass Alignment: Sealed Cabinet
- Crossover Frequency: 2.8 kHz
- Drive Unit Compliment: 2 x 5.5" RST bass/mid-range driver, 1 x C-CAM H.F ribbon transducer
- External Dimensions excluding Stand (H x W x D): 172 x 461 x 303 mm
- Weight (each) Excluding stands: 6 Kg (13.25 lbs)
- New C-CAM® ribbon transducer design – providing extension to a class leading 60KHz
- Single bolt through driver fixings for improved bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- Die-cast alloy terminal panel arrangement with high quality bi-wire terminals and high end spade type link cables
- Pureflow® Silver internal cabling
- Selected premium quality wood veneers or high gloss piano finishes.
- Rigid 20mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity resulting in low cabinet coloration
- Invisible magnetic grille fixing provides clean visual styling when used with the grille off